|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Joined with our consistent margin expansion and strategic M&A, TE will continue delivering industry-leading total shareholder returns (360% TE TSR over FY10-19, versus 175% for the S&P 500 overall). For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
As a member of the Corporate Strategy team, you will help shape TE’s portfolio composition and competitive strategy by being an advisor to the CEO and the General Managers. The Senior Engagement Leader, Corporate Strategy will work directly with Directors of Corporate Strategy to create shareholder value by helping address the most important strategic questions across TE Connectivity, including:
- Support the Business Segments and Business Units in developing strategies that drive above-market organic and inorganic growth, working closely with leadership to ensure both cross-functional involvement and real-time input as the external environment (e.g., technology, customer needs, regulations, competitors, etc.) evolves.
- Manage projects to help identify new growth platforms, growth opportunities within business units, and across businesses – through the identification of attractive market spaces, determining what it takes to win, assessing competitive position and business models, and then helping the organizing to align on the strategic direction and execution plan
- Ensure that the business strategies he/she develops clearly articulate the business choices, are well-defined, lay out talent and resource requirements, and are implementable
- Successful strategy delivery should result in industry-leading growth and profit margins.
- Identify, synthesize and communicate key trends across industries, segments, regions, and competitors.
- Help support the strategic planning process and deepen strategic capabilities in the organization.
- Support research and analysis for identifying and assessing inorganic opportunities.
- Drive change – designing and implementing projects to execute on strategic objectives
- Support and enhance talent management for the strategy organization, including talent acquisition, development, and retention objectives
- Assist in strategy development that enables the organization to frame and make critical strategic decisions to profitably grow and defend the business. Help the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, improve profitability, and sustain competitive advantage.
- Lead joint Corporate and BU teams in solving complex business problems using a hands-on hypothesis-driven approach:
o Guide and coach project team members in using a hypothesis-driven approach
o Lead from the front by taking on complex workstreams and providing hands-on support, including serving in an individual contributor capacity when required
o Develop project deliverables and executive presentation documents
o Lead primary and secondary research
o Frame discussion of findings and recommendations
o Become a trusted advisor to BU, Segment, and Corporate leadership
- Support to the successful development and deployment of the annual strategy development process
o Provide strategic expertise to Segment and BU Strategy and Finance leaders
o Help to problem solve TE’s 5-year financial outlook with the CEO, CFO, and SVP of Strategy
o Help monitor progress deploying TE’s strategic plans and identify major strategic changes over a prior year using metrics, roadmaps, dashboards & actual financials
- Partner with Finance colleagues to understand the financial impact of strategic decisions and drive greater strategic focus down into individual businesses. Help the businesses identify and develop plans to close gaps between business aspirations and current strategic plans and capabilities.
- Selectively assist TE Connectivity’s businesses in:
o Developing timely, well-informed analysis of technology, regulations, competition (both existing and emerging). Anticipate likely changes and assess the strategic and economic impact of changes on today and over next (a) 5-10 years and (b) 10-20 years
o Developing and documenting a deep understanding of different customer segments and their associated needs. Ensure segmentation is robust, actionable, and simple for the business to understand.
o Analyzing industry structure, business models, competitive dynamics, and market attractiveness and its likely evolution to inform strategy development and priority setting
o Bringing expertise and techniques (e.g., scenario planning, wargaming) designed to identify and make better decisions under uncertainty. Understand and quantify its impact across all business assumptions
o Identifying the impact of changes in the external environment on strategy & determine potential courses of action.
o Identifying and assessing inorganic opportunities – acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, alliances, licensing relationships, etc.
o Assist in the synthesis of businesses strategic priorities and building the execution plans
- Support large-scale change projects
o Lead program management office, implementing a structure to help ensure the targeted changes will be implemented and embedded in the organization
o Manage cross-functional, often virtual, teams – to maintain steady progress, coordinating workstreams
o Engage senior stakeholders across the business to help steer the direction and resolve issues
- Perform other job-related duties as needed
- Problem Solving, Analytics, Work Structure and Management, and Communications
o Ability to structure work, manage strategy projects, and provide thought leadership to the team members
o Proficient in creating value through the application of advanced data analytics
o Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to synthesize and effectively communicate key messages
o Excellent active listening skills
- Thought leadership and business expertise
o Deep expertise in one or more business strategy and/or operations strategy areas
o Ability to architect and create strategy tools, frameworks, and processes
- People, Teamwork and Leadership
o High cross-cultural awareness
o A strong, humble leader
o Orientation towards people development, tailoring projects and work priorities to help nurture talent and extended through regular coaching and feedback
o A team player able to work with and through others with the ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
o Being hands-on, staying connected to the ongoing strategy deployment and helping manage implementation when necessary
o Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
o Strong relationship builder
- Passion and Drive
o Passion for technology
o Curiosity to ask probing questions and make discoveries
o Drive to find the right answer
o Commitment to excellence, ensuring objectives are met and delivered on-time
- 6+ years of cumulative business experience. 2+ years in a major top tier General Management Consulting Firm, with a focus on high tech or diversified industrials clients
- Individual should be a strategy practitioner well versed in the theory and tools of strategy formulation as well as the practical implementation of strategy within a complex organization
- Well-honed understanding of the key levers to deliver superior and consistent total shareholder return (TSR)
- Operational track record of dealing with strategic business issues including microeconomics, industry structure, operations strategy, and finance
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle – with experience applying these skills in managing teams and leading projects
- International experience is a plus but is not required.
- Willingness to travel 10-20% based on business demand. Travel is typically infrequent.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or another advanced degree from a top program is highly preferred
Berwyn, Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.