Last updated 30 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, and more. Motivated by clear values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. This role is one of a kind within Atlassian and a Principal individual contributor on an exciting new Core Architecture team! Challenging, ever-changing, rewarding, and vital to our mission to advancing collaboration through the power of software and cloud. In addition to bringing unparalleled technical acumen and know-how, your most meaningful function is to inspire teams to creatively engage and solve some of Atlassian’s most complex and future-thinking issues across our tech stack. As the principal PaaS architect and member of this Core Architecture team, you will bring your Cloud Platform and cloud-native expertise to be forward-thinking, strategic and have the ability to influence others to bring Atlassian to the next level with huge impact to the company. You are a key part of evangelizing and bringing the Atlassian story to teams across products, both internally and externally. Our PaaS Architect role will be located in our Mountain View office and will report directly to our Chief Architect. This role will partner with multi-functional peers to effectively influence and direct tech-stack strategy, our technical vision, and goals.
- Defining and driving the overall enterprise PaaS strategic vision and architecture, such as platform roadmap, service roadmap, and technology selection.
- Developing architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global.
- Driving common architectural patterns that have cross-team/cross-product dev impact.
- Ensuring that all relevant project teams utilize a standard set of technology frameworks, libraries and follow a common set of principles and patterns.
- Providing leadership across the architecture community to ensure solutions are built-in alignment with platform principles and standards.
- Mentoring elite high-performing engineering team members.
- Applying architecture standard methodologies that help increase execution velocity.
- Optimizing the use of Atlassian cloud infrastructure.
- Leading the design of new cloud technologies by partnering with application, security & cloud platform teams (i.e. network, security, operations) to build complete cloud offerings.
- Evaluating cloud technology alternatives and making a case for the best approach based on industry, customer and company requirements.
- Collaborating with cybersecurity architecture teams to transform and drive DevOps automation and secure development, CI/CD, and delivery processes.
- Crafting high availability, disaster recovery, and backup strategies to meet application & business objectives.
- Creating and maintaining Architectural Drawings and Documentation.
- Providing key architecture vision, roadmap, integration and problem-solving at an enterprise-wide level.
Professional Skill Requirements:
- 15+ years’ experience of software product development/data-driven roles experience with 5+ working as a Principal Engineer, Senior Architect, or Distinguished Engineer.
- Strong at identifying problems, solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Thinks strategically.
- Anticipates trends and possibilities that may lead to new business opportunities or product use cases.
- Consistently thinks and acts “ahead of the curve;” anticipates and effectively responds with urgency to immediate opportunities.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in one or more of the following: application architecture, solutions architecture, software systems architecture, or data architecture.
- Good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with technology development in related areas in the industry, which could be shown at Atlassian to improve current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Strong customer-centric approach.
- Strong skills mentoring and growing junior people.
- Experience with software development at scale, including Agile, SCRUM.
- Validated technical background and acumen stemming from deep understanding and experience across complex products and systems.
- Master's degree in Technology, Engineering, Science or Economics or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to travel to both domestic and international Atlassian offices.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.