|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about storage, and building leading software and services? Office 365 is the locomotive that is driving the growing Microsoft valuation, and critical to the future of the company. Substrate is the set of intelligent, high value services and compliant environment that is enabling the next generation of transformative end-user experiences for Office and the entire company. The Office 365 Storage team has an opportunity for you get in on designing and building a core part of the stack.
This position is for a Sr. Software Engineer on the Storage team to build distributed, highly available and resilient systems. This is a service that has to scale from a few thousands of very active users to millions of lightly active users so your skills in choosing the right data structures and algorithms will be challenged very heavily.
- Development and testing of new features in C#/C++ for the very high scale, highly available O365 storage service
- Maintain and improve existing functionality of the O365 storage service with a focus on reliability, latency, and scale
- Use resource utilization data from the O365 storage service to identify opportunities for IO reductions
- Design, implement, and test features to reduce cost of goods sold associated with running the O365 storage service
- Collaborate closely with and provide actionable guidance to partner teams to optimize their usage of the O365 storage system
- Respond quickly to mitigate service incidents quickly and follow up with longer term items to prevent future occurrences of similar incidents
- 5 years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency in C# or C/C++, and strong design, implementation, and debugging skills; knowledge of scripting languages a plus
- Experience with distributed systems, performance analysis, databases, and/or large-scale data processing
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.