|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering (CSE) builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Core Services and Engineering teams, build engineering tools and systems for most Business Functions at Microsoft such as Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Licensing and Consumption, Microsoft Business Operations, Professional services, Customer support, Supply Chain Management, Sales and Marketing, Digital Security Risk Engineering and many more. Core Services Engineering is uniquely positioned to demonstrate customer obsession through our digital transformation by delivering End to End innovative solutions built to fuel Microsoft’s business.
As part of the Core Services Engineering team, you will define and create the vision and roadmap for our internal customers and business. You will create a robust customer engagement model, understanding your customers goals and Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) to make data driven decisions that deliver articulated and unarticulated needs of our global users with solutions that engage and delight. You will design and enable high quality capabilities and scenarios to meet those goals and partner with other Core Service Engineering and Operations teams at Microsoft. You will be driving prioritization of mission critical investments across various teams and stakeholders to deliver high impact It is a great opportunity to help the company grow, showcase the vision and product roadmap while working on something highly strategic to Microsoft!
As a Program Manager, you will:
- Subject matter expert for all aspects of operations for your program - understand the end to end flow, how the business rules are executed and ensuring compliance is the top priority.
- Accountable for high quality, compliant end to end program Optimization and Instrumentation for the operational processes supporting your program - work with your capability manager peers to ensure integrity of your end to end process and ability to deliver on programmatic goals through operational processes.
- Own and drive simplification and automation to the program you operate
- Identify requirements for program change from policy stakeholders, assess feasibility to deliver, create a working Plan of Record/roadmap items for enhancements/change, drive change control, proactively identify and manage risks and issues, strong focus on escalation management/future mitigation, triage, cross group coordination and milestone management.
- Build, develop and maintain highly collaborative and effective working relationships with key stakeholders and other operational partners to facilitate proactive planning, agreement on cross group delivery plan of record, smooth communication and risk/issue tracking and resolution.
- Ensure execution to Service Level Agreement’s (SLA’s)for your program, understanding how changes upstream or downstream of your programmatic operational processes will impact overall payout SLA. Work with your peers and stakeholders where changes need to be made to ensure delivery to Service Level Agreement’s (SLA’s).
- Coach other PMs to be customer-focused, striving hard to understand the true problems that we need to solve for Microsoft, articulate what a successful solution looks like, write excellent specs that engineering can execute on to deliver on staged solutions, and obsess about adoption and usage of our solutions.
- 7+ years of experience as a PM with demonstrated success in leading large-scale implementation
- Proven sense of high accountability and self-drive to take on and see through big challenges
- Capable of managing multiple competing priorities, be organized and detail oriented
- Ability to partner with others to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems; proven success in working in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrated high degree of executive maturity and impact for influence
- Flexible communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences that include customers, peers and executive leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering, a related field or practical experience is required.
Preferred, not required:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Six Sigma qualification preferred
- Agile Program Management experience preferred
Describe the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be capable of taking on big challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers. This person will have demonstrated a pursuit improvement both for themselves as well as their solutions. Capable of making trade-offs to achieve the best outcomes for our customers, stakeholders and Microsoft.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location, career level and position details, will be determined during the interview process.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.