|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TE) Corporate Technology Advanced Digital Group has an opportunity for a Control Systems Engineer with a strong technical background and team working capabilities in providing connectivity between equipment, sensors, and information systems. The individual shall be an expert to perform design, configuration, and implementation of control system interfacing to establish communications between low-level electronic hardware (PLC, sensors, and PC based hardware) and higher-level software systems (SCADA, MES, Analytics software).
This position will be responsible for interfacing with automation control systems involving PLCs, HMIs, OEM hardware/software, and custom applications for a variety of process control and assembly equipment. In this role, you will interface directly with embedded, cloud-based, manufacturing engineering, and information services teams. Providing technical expertise on building and developing next-generation connectivity solutions and integration in connecting industrial equipment and stand-alone sensors to a unified architecture base on both publish/subscribe and client/server polling models.
- Provide architectural global connectivity recommendations based upon existing and emerging technologies surrounding cloud and edge-based design patterns.
- Provide technical solutions based upon a solid understanding of different automation control technologies. (i.e., PLC, DCS, and PC based control system)
- Perform electrical wiring and programming to implement connectivity solutions when needed.
- Effectively communicate with other digital, manufacturing engineering, quality team members regarding possible technical difficulties or roadblocks when proposing a technical solution.
- Provide engineering support in electrical control technology to process engineering team to create automation and control solutions.
- Electrical control technology selection for different communication and connectivity requirements considering both returns of investment, flexibility, upgradability and future compatibility.
- Enable smooth and open communication with manufacturing equipment and instrumentation vendors regarding the requirement of electrical design and control system to connect and control different machines.
- Work with internal or external automation team members to over-come significant technical challenges in electrical design and control area in a timely manner.
- Continually learning and leading automation control technologies and market trends.
- Demonstrated mastery of enterprise and cloud interfacing protocols such as OPC DA/UA, MQTT, MQTT w/Spark Plug B, DNP3, TCP/IP, HTTP, REST.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the usage of industrial Fieldbus networks such as Ethernet/IP, Profinet, EtherCAT, Modbus TCP/RTU, ADS, Profibus, ControlNet, DeviceNet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the application of industrial sensor(s) and interface standards such as IO-Link, SSI, BISS-C, RS-232/485, 4-20mA, -10...+10 VDC, etc.
- Demonstrated familiarity in the usage of embedded interface protocols such as i2c, SPI, MQTT-SN.
- Familiarity with proprietary asynchronous open industrial device driver(s) interface development.
- Fluent in ANSI and IEC electrical schematic symbols and layouts.
- Expert with networking troubleshooting and programming and providing technical solutions using different automation control devices and communication protocols.
- Expert with programming and providing technical solutions using different automation control devices and communication protocols.
- Experience in IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) solution integration.
- Demonstrated proficiency in IEC 61131-3 PLC programming.
- Willingness to write disciplined, organized specification and user documentation.
- Languages: Fluent in English and any region appropriate language a plus.
- Bachelor or Masters degree preferred with minimum 5-year experience or 10+ year relevant work experience; technical experiences in manufacturing process controls with a detailed knowledge of current automation technologies for providing control communication between different ranges of equipment.
- Ability to work off-hours to support multiple time zones is preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.