|Job Type:||Full Time|
Office 365 is the industry leader in hosted productivity suites and can boast about being the fastest growing business at Microsoft with more than 100 million seats hosted in multiple data centers across the globe.
The Exchange Transport team is chartered with the very challenging mission of delivering on core mail delivery in Exchange/O365, while also providing a platform for other teams to build features. In additional to mail delivery, we now also act as the "substrate bus" for the O365 substrate and so act as the reliable and compliant message bus for the various services.
We're looking for a strong software engineer to help us in build and service challenging features in Exchange Transport. Exchange Transport is a core piece of technology and critical to the success of Office 365. As time goes on, more workloads are being run on Transport, and we are running in many different environments, with higher and higher scale. This is driving more challenges for our team and we are growing the size of the team and team capability. We need a software engineer to join our team and take on some of these challenges directly and in collaboration with others. We are looking for a developer who is technically strong, excited about new challenges, comfortable with ambiguities and willing to take on larger scope and ownership. You will be responsible for performing investigations and investments in complex areas; designing and delivering features end to end - including system architecture, code, deployment, scale, performance and quality, from conception to delivery.
- Design and deliver features end to end that are ‘service’ quality
- Distributed in nature, high/cloud scale, highly available, geo-redundant, low maintenance and with provable quality
- Be able to handle large scope and complicated feature ownership by working under self-driven initiatives with PM and across teams
- 2 years of professional software engineering experience with familiarity in at least one of these OOP languages: C++/C#/Java
- Server and/or service experience
- Strong coding and problem-solving skills
- Able to ramp up new technologies fast
- Experience building scalable and high-available services in Cloud
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded, asynchronous programming, and strong inclination for architecting at scale
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Knowledge of .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks
- Good written and oral communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.