|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Azure is building the fastest, most secure and stable public cloud. We seek a knowledgeable and experienced FPGA/ASIC engineering manager to collaborate with compute, network and storage teams to architect and deploy cloud hardware systems. We are looking for a candidate who can rapidly turn ideas into solutions because they understand the nuanced interaction between applications, systems and hardware. This role, at the cutting edge of high-performance computing, provides an opportunity to benefit millions of users daily. The successful candidate must be able to synthesize complex and sometimes conflicting requirements from hardware, software and business teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Architecture and deployment of cloud scale network and storage virtualization solutions that adapt to changing requirements over their lifetime.
- Collaborate with hardware and software teams to define, architect and spec highly reliable solutions to a very large user base for cloud scale workloads.
- Oversee the evaluation, selection and integration of 3rd party IP blocks in FPGA/ASIC solutions.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a team of developers to architect and prototype solutions, using industry standard development flows, transitioning these to production-quality cloud-scale solutions.
- Electrical or computer engineering background (BS required; MS or Ph.D. preferred).
- At least ten years of experience with hardware and systems design and development of FPGA or ASIC solutions.
- At least three years of people management experience.
- Hardware design expertise using Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL.
- Thorough knowledge of cloud scale network and storage virtualization technology and architectures.
Desired skills and experience:
- FPGA design, implementation and tool flow expertise, including HLS development
- Programming and scripting in C, C++, C#, OpenCL, System C, Powershell, TCL and/or Perl
- Knowledge of Windows device driver hardware interfaces.
Position requires limited domestic and international travel
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. The Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) team in Microsoft’s Azure C+E division is responsible for delivering server infrastructure for Microsoft’s online services. The hardware for operating these services (over 200 and counting), comprises of hundreds of thousands of servers spread globally and applications that reach hundreds of millions of users every day. Our customer-base is growing rapidly, our infrastructure investments are multiplying, and the size of our global infrastructure is increasing by the day - along with the scale of our challenges. Learn more about our team and projects here Azure Hardware Infrastructure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.