|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you see yourself as a coach, a guide, a collaborator and an engineer? Would you be excited to drive major changes to a high scale service that is critical to the company? Do you care deeply about fostering a great team culture? We are looking for an Engineering Manager for the Substrate Directory API team who embraces these roles and is excited by this technology.
Substrate is the data and intelligence platform that enables internal partner teams at Microsoft to build, deploy, and maintain compliant productivity apps and services with reduced effort and faster time to market. The Substrate Directory API team owns the API and caching layer for the Substrate Directory service. We work closely with teams across Substrate and M365 to provide directory services to our partners and users.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who embraces the cultural values of inclusion and belonging and feels empowered to do the following:
- Coach – Work with each person on your team to help them to do their best work and grow. You define and foster an identity for the team that includes a reputation for high quality, reliability, and inclusivity.
- Guide – Define the business goals for the team then create and execute on a plan to meet those goals. You will build a vision for changing the underlying technology of the service and guide the team through landing it while maintaining the availability of the live site.
- Collaborate – Strive to understand the motivations and goals of the teams we’re working with and work towards a better solution together.
- Engineer – Care deeply about the availability, resilience, latency, scalability and cost of the critical 5-9s service we are running. You are excited about making major changes to the service while maintaining availability and latency.
More about Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 (M365) is the fastest growing cloud services business in Microsoft. M365 brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communications and collaboration products like Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive and Skype with the desktop suite of Office products in an always up-to-date integrated service offering. Since its launch, the service has made it easier for millions of information workers across the world in small, medium, and large enterprises to use the best of Microsoft’s business productivity solutions via the cloud. The service now extends the same capability to consumer communication and collaboration products.
You can read more in the Substrate Dev Center located here:https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/substrate.
- Lead and support a team of 10-15 engineers to deliver high quality business objectives.
- Provide leadership to an integrated remote team in Suzhou, China: work with a peer Engineering Manager to define joint goals execution plan. Visit at least once a year.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership: architecture, design, code reviews, development, quality assurance and live site.
- Drive modern engineering practices such as continuous integration, unit testing, automated deployments with integrated quality gates.
- Partner with Program Management to meet immediate and longer-term business objectives.
- Collaborate with teams across the company in Office and Azure.
- Hire, retain and grow top talent.
- Foster a healthy and inclusive team environment.
- Be a mentor for the people on your team and help them grow.
- 10 years of experience building commercial grade software, with much of that experience in a large scale, high availability service.
- BS/BA in computer science, or equivalent in related technical experience. Individuals with a degree in a non-STEM field (or without a degree at all) who have retrained as a software engineer and demonstrated a commitment to lifelong learning are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience as an engineering manager, or a technical lead with a passion for coaching and mentoring others.
- Experience driving a complex multi-year infrastructure project would desirable.
- Experience with API surfaces and caching systems is desirable.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.