|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you customer obsessed and passionate about cloud computing? Do you like to work on building services from the ground up using cutting edge technologies? Are you excited about driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses? If so, we have your next career position at Azure Customer Experience (CXP) Engineering Team!
Microsoft Azure provides customers with an on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale service applications on the Internet through Microsoft’s global data centers. As part of the Azure Engineering organization, Azure CXP is a rapidly growing team committed to driving Azure growth through our relentless pursuit of satisfied Azure customers by leading world-class customer reliability engagements, engineering modern customer-first experiences for scale, and by driving deep customer insights and empathy into the broader Azure Engineering organization.
We are looking for a collaborative and skilled engineer with a growth mindset who would love to work in an agile development team and solve new technology challenges. As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to help develop a world-class, customer-centered engineering infrastructure. You will work with Azure CXP Program Managers and Data Scientists as well as other Azure engineering teams and the Field, Marketing and Support organizations to define and deliver critical, customer-facing features and the tools, infrastructure and end-to-end solutions required for all the rapidly expanding programs in Azure CXP.
This role will have a measurable impact in customer growth and satisfaction for one of the fastest growing businesses at Microsoft. We are looking for a software engineer who thinks strategically, works pragmatically in a dynamic environment with few guardrails, and enjoys getting stuff done. In this role, you will need strong customer empathy and an ability to focus our engineering efforts on Azure’s business priorities. As we drive to increase Azure customer adoption, satisfaction and consumption, you will need to carefully balance agility and the need to meet our partner teams’ immediate needs with building scalable, robust and reusable solutions.
- Active DoD Top Secret (TS) security clearance
- A BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- C#, C++, Java or other object-oriented programming experience
- 10+ years of experience building reliable, distributed systems at scale
- Real passion for understanding key business problems and opportunities, and for setting and driving towards measurable goals
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a great teammate.
- Excellent collaboration and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to develop key partnerships
- Great analytical skills, and high intellectual horsepower
- Experience with large data systems such as Hadoop is a plus
- Experience with modern cloud infrastructure such as Azure, AWS or GCP is a plus
Security Clearance Requirements
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have an active Top Secret (TS) security clearance and be willing to upgrade to a Top Secret with Secret Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with Full Scope Polygraph (FSP) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with FSP). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI with FSP through follow-on investigations.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: The candidate will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.