|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As a Machinist, you are responsible for;
- Disassemble complex molds
- Cleaning and replacing worn components during reassembly of molds
- Monitoring production schedule and keeping molds ready for upcoming jobs
- Identifying and ordering inventory items for molds
- Tracking and maintaining inventory parts needed for molds
- Making changes as needed to standard work for clean and service on molds
- Assemble accurate and high-quality component parts by interpreting blue prints, potentially running operations on a variety of machines, including:
o Flat and/or Form Grinder
o Appropriate Heat Treat method
- Hold tolerances as tight as .0002 for various components
- Identify and troubleshoot issues (Identify process problems, bottlenecks, inefficiencies, etc.) and contribute to solutions.
- Perform and record all necessary inspections (using micrometers, calipers, height indicator, etc.) in order to ensure quality.
- Comprehend shop math and be resourceful in deciphering dimensions, tolerances, angles, etc.
- Effectively manage work time and be self-directed in order to meet production needs/schedules
- Exhibit understanding, flexibility and willingness to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively with peers, management and other internal departments using both verbal and written communication tools.
- Finish set up of a mold with minimal assistance and within a reasonable time frame
- Make offsets independently to finish the set up process
- Set up and replace tools or molds without supervision
- Recognize tool or mold wear before dimensions are affected
- Make basic changes to programs on machines without assistance
- Compare numerical data display with specifications on operations sheet
- Adjust tool lengths and fixture offsets as required.
- Participate in the process of tooling selection on new techniques & technologies
- Monitor tooling inventories and maintain cleanliness and order (5S) of tooling cabinets and work area.
- Support development and implementation of new policies, procedures, equipment, and tooling.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle job responsibilities as noted above.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 3-5 years machine shop experience running various machine equipment would be beneficial
- Demonstrated knowledge of manual and CNC milling and grinding
- Basic knowledge/comprehension of shop math
- Heat treat knowledge or experience a plus
This position is located at our Tullahoma, TN site.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.