|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are the Azure Access Control & Managed identities (ACMI) team. We build and operate the identity services that enable application developers and enterprises to transparently manage their service identities, secure the access to their resources. We are a tight knit community of engineers that wear multiple hats - work closely with customers, truly understand their requirements, build solutions that delight them and help our customers successfully launch and run their applications on our platform.
We innovate on multiple technical aspects:
- Architecting services for large scale and low latency requirements to handle millions of requests per minute completing under 10ms.
- Security investments that span authorization frameworks such as role based and attribute based, automated credential management for services, authentication via different forms of credentials.
- Experiences to understand and manage identities and their access to resources in a way that is simple to comprehend and achieve least standing privileges.
- Build the IAM platform that works for all services offered by Azure and Microsoft as well as extend to work where our customer enterprises run their applications beyond Azure.
- Operating services in an efficient and Hands free manner.
Azure Access Control & Managed identities have been generally available and are growing through a hypergrowth phase of adoption. We are growing the team and are looking for engineering leaders at varying levels of seniority and experience. We are looking for team players who are passionate about cloud services, who enjoy building and being part of a 100% services team and culture. This is a principal level leader job. You will be influencing many engineers on the team – those that directly report to you, and cross group, so you will need to create and maintain positive and productive working relationships across teams. You will be working with important customers, contribute to the teams planning. You will have opportunity to handle significant scope with visibility to executives and good career advancement opportunities.
We are looking for engineering leaders with experience building large-scale systems, resilient through changes, driving innovation in scale, performance and security. You will lead the design, articulate technical proposals, and roadmap of delivery timeline and deliver features end to end in a close team-oriented environment. Features spans both customer-facing features to service resilience and fundamentals. Experience designing and delivering system architecture, deployment, scalability and performance aspects is important. You will have opportunities to incubate new ideas for additional business outcomes, create positive impact through customer collaboration and deliver high quality of service through live site excellence. You will be in a very technical company, working among a diverse set of strong engineers.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas
- Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when code is ready to be shared and delivered
- Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
- Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach
- Troubleshoot and optimize automation, reliability and monitoring for LiveSite
- 10+ years of industry software development and design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related field, or completion of a Code/Developer academy program
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.