Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover Home Loans has been named as the Celent Model Bank 2020 award winner in the Mortgage Lending category and is being recognized for innovating like a fintech. Our Loan Origination experience is a complete, end-to-end, omni-channel journey where the customer can apply online or over the phone. They can leverage their channel of choice at each individual step in the process based on their preference. As a result, every feature is meticulously designed for the customer and our internal agent experience for all channels.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Product Manager that thrives on partnering with business & technical teams to deliver a top-notch Loan Origination solution. The role will leverage your experience to help set the direction of the products/features needed to create a best-in-class customer experience. As Associate Product Manager at Discover, you’ll work with some of the brightest UX designers, engineers and business units while also developing your skills and furthering your career.
- Ensures features and technology releases aligned with product vision and objectives.
- Manages and builds relationships with internal and external partners to manage priorities and delivery for Loan Origination System by collaborating with key players to influence change.
- Work with business and technology executives from many disciplines (strategy, risk, operations, fraud, technology, business intelligence, finance, training, legal, and compliance, cybersecurity) to understand the needs, define features, and prioritize and manage scope to operate in an iterative agile delivery framework.
- Develops and communicates the product vision roadmap, adjusting to changing market, customer, and/or organizational needs.
- Builds an effective functional program grooming team (VSA, Shared Services, SMEs).
- Helps break down initiatives into prioritized features, and manages the program pipeline (backlog) of these features for every release.
- Participates in portfolio grooming to understand initiatives and business cases.
- Measures and monitors release progress and execution to ensure releases are delivered on-time, minimal incidents, and within budget.
- Manages the overall quality and effectiveness of the incident management process.
- Builds new frameworks or enhances existing frameworks to optimize future delivery of features.
- Leads cross-functional initiatives that enable and support business growth.
- Maintain up to date knowledge regarding mortgage industry and technology trends. Willing to be “hands-on” in the details end to end with the business and legal, developers, testing and production support.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Marketing, Psychology, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services, Technology, Customer Service, Marketing, Operations, Project Management, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Scaled Agile, Agile Development Project Management, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Scaled Agile, Agile Development Project Management, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Scaled Agile, Agile Development Project Management, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
- PMP or Project Management Certifications, Certified Scrum Product Owner or similar, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Experience with usage of agile development management software, testing software’s like Rally, QC and others
- Experience working with teams in different geo locations (onshore/offshore)
- Experience in the financial services / fin tech industry, including innovative fintech technologies and solutions.
- Experience with loan origination system, customer and/or agent facing experience.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.