|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a solid infrastructure delivery leader with experience and depth in delivering mission critical infrastructure projects combined with the breadth in driving large scale programs across multiple stakeholder groups. This Director of Program Management/Principal Program Manager role will drive operational excellence initiatives in the delivery of DC infrastructure for the Microsoft Azure cloud. Initiatives aimed at improving Equipment Quality, Construction performance and Cost Engineering will be at the top of the priorities. You will be responsible for building the right processes and supporting systems in collaboration with the key stakeholders and leaders in Engineering, Commissioning, Construction and Operations. You will engage broadly across CO + I teams in the abovementioned stakeholder groups in driving improvements in key equipment quality metrics, cost of delivery of DCs and managing predictable delivery of DCs to established SLAs and schedules.
Key Responsibilities of this role are to:
- Drive the identification and prioritization of opportunities for improvement across processes or services and Evangelize proposed changes and evolution of processes and solutions across groups for construction productivity, lower cost of delivery and higher equipment quality overall
- Partner with internal stakeholders and external equipment suppliers on related initiatives deliverables, and effectively leverage them to deliver on performance focused initiatives
- Establish medium and long-term goals and metrics and drive related roadmaps focused on key metrics
- Lead cross organizational initiatives and utilize influence strategies as a trusted advisor to achieve broad business goals
- Gain control of the risks involved in the delivery of DCs, establish mitigation plans on the drive to predictably delivering DCs and build the muscle for optimizing lead times
- 10+ years of proven program management experience and depth working on and leading large scale infrastructure projects, systems and operations implementations combined with the Technical expertise and ability to build trust with counterparts in Engineering, Commissioning and Operations
- 5+ years of process engineering experience with a proven track record of driving process improvements in a leadership capacity
- BS or master’s degree in engineering or a related field
- Analytical thinking utilizing data to answer broad business questions, decide business priorities and monitor progress on targeted improvements
- Demonstrated end-to-end thinking for technical projects focusing on driving process and operational efficiencies for maximum business impact
Strong effective communication capabilities to a VP level audience
Cloud Background Screening Requirement:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.