|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Build, develop, and lead a high performing team of Services & Operations Engineers to design & implement modern infrastructure and services to support our big data platform & analytics capabilities
- Define & execute our services & operations engineering, implementing via Microsoft’s latest cloud technologies, applying strong engineering principles.
- Deliver automation & lean processes to ensure high quality throughput & performance of the entire data & analytics platform.
- Meet & exceed SLAs for reliable uptime, consistency, data quality, and tight controls around process variances.
- Establish processes and SLAs for Incident Management for end user support.
- Ensure protection and compliant use of our data across all solutions as outlined by Trust and Integrity Protection team.
- Secure the infrastructure by implementing latest monitoring capabilities available on Azure and ensure best practices are followed per guidance from Microsoft Security teams.
- Establish and streamline access control policies for data access.
- Ensure data quality assurance and establish SLAs for data publishes.
- Establish frameworks and processes for platform communications and notifications.
- Partner with data engineering teams to drive automation for platform release management.
- Manage Azure Infrastructure and spend.
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- 6+ years of experiencing working as part data operations teams for BI platform, including robust experience developing solutions in Azure or AWS
- Demonstrated experience developing in Azure Databricks, Spark and/or other Big Data technologies.
- Expertise in T-SQL and SQL development using stored procedures & frameworks.
- Understanding of Privacy and Compliance aspects of data storage & processing as it relates to GDPR and PII.
- Experience delivering data solutions via Agile and/or DevOps methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
- A passion for finding solutions to hard problems at scale and operationalizing them
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.