|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Microsoft Core Platform Engineering (CPE) organization is for those technology professionals who want to be strategic partners to the business and be the first place to create innovative solutions using Microsoft and industry leading products and services. Unlike other enterprise organizations, CPE employees create global impact for thousands of partners and employees.
People working within Core Platform Engineering ensure Microsoft is maximizing productivity to its fullest, and therefore, helping lead the company’s digital transformation journey. We build flexible, reliable, enterprise-scalable solutions with Microsoft product teams – influencing products that customers use, enabling them to be more productive.
As a Cloud Network Engineer for Data Center, you will be at the heart of Microsoft’s modern network engineering process, working in a team that manages Microsoft’s corporate on-prem hosting infrastructures, and enabling workload migrations to Azure. We are focused on solving the most interesting challenges of developing innovative solutions while ensuring service reliability through identifying and eradicating defects within the infrastructure. We are growing a strong, diverse team of engineers and have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more.
Network Design and Implementation
- Applying Knowledge of Networks, Industry Trends, and Field Data towards implementation and operations
- Datacenter or Network Site Development – Create bill of materials and translate high-level design into low-level design and collaboration.
- Design Reviews and Quality Assurance – Participate or contribute to network design or code reviews
Maintain and Operate Networks
- Monitoring, analyze & debugging, and Troubleshooting network infrastructure; participate in on-call/Designated Responsible Individual (DRI) duties and create root cause analysis for network incidents
- Continuous Improvement, testing and validation of network devices
- Deployment Management - Work within a team of engineers to manage network deployments, work with a machine-readable definition of the network deployment
- Troubleshooting of network routing protocols (e.g., IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, RIPv2, BGP), TCP/UDP/HTTP(s), and other network protocols.
- 5+ years of technical experience in network engineering which must include layer 2 analysis and troubleshooting TCP/IP routing & switching, network firewall, and network load balancers
- 3 + years automating network deployments and day to day task using language like python, perl, PowerShell, and C#
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
Ability to meet additoinal screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
#CSEO , #CPE, #E360
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.