|Job Type:||Full Time|
343 Industries, the studio developing titles in the Halo universe, is looking for a Gameplay Engineering Lead to join our team.
At 343 Industries, our mission is to inspire heroes and deliver wonder. We strive to elevate and amplify each other.
This role will partner closely with the design leadership to guide decision making within the Halo Sandbox. As the Engineering Lead within Sandbox, you are responsible for developing the player facing mechanics and partner with content creators across 343. In this role, you will drive the feel of Halo gameplay.
343 Industries has developed a set key studio values which simultaneously define, shape, and drive our workplace: https://www.343industries.com/studio. Candidates are expected to be familiar with these values and should be prepared to demonstrate ways in which they reflect this vision. We strive to elevate and amplify each other, and in addition to delivering technical gameplay features this position will be responsible for shepherding career development within the sandbox team.
- Collaborate directly with other disciplines.
- Partner with other engineers across the studio.
- Guide the team to develop and maintain engineering excellence.
- Drive technical systems design and planning.
- Ensure great Halo gameplay.
- Manage a team of 4-5 engineers.
- 2+ years managing engineers.
- 6+ years of professional gameplay programming experience.
- 6+ years of professional C++ experience.
- Experience developing and tuning gameplay systems.
- Experience with modern game engines.
- Experience developing a first person shooter.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills.
- History of successful feature planning and delivery within a production environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.