|Job Type:||Full Time|
Can you code in more languages than you know what to do with? Do you enjoy solving complex problems in novel ways across a myriad of platforms? You may be the Senior Software Engineer we have been looking for!
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work in collaboration with Microsoft product teams, partners and open source communities—to empower our customers to do more with the cloud. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
We are looking for an experienced software designer and developer with fluency in open source platforms and several coding languages, who thrives in working in a community model within our team. You will be working side by side with customers and their developers to build innovative solutions to solve exciting business problems and collaborating with the Microsoft product teams to improve our products, ultimately to make it easier for developers to use Microsoft platforms.
- Contribute to our software engineering projects to deliver well-defined products that generate immediate customer value and deliver high-quality, broadly applicable software contributions.
- Collaborate with customers’ developers to deliver solutions using a wide range of technologies.
- Continuously build your technical knowledge and mentor junior team members to drive excellence in engineering as a cohesive, efficient, and productive unit.
- 5+ years' software design and development experience including shipping complex production systems that run on a public cloud
- Fluency in English
- Service delivery experience including architecture and coding, and ideally building cloud services
- Technical acumen in a mix of open-source and Microsoft based cloud, edge including fluency in at least two coding languages and/or cloud architecture platforms
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
- Enjoy travel and comfortable with regional travel up to 20%
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment and you’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.