|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on a product that is used by more than 50 million people around the world a day and growing rapidly? Do you take engineering driven approach to solve operations related problems? Do you care deeply about how software is constructed and designed with a focus of supporting production scale? Do you want to be part of fun-loving, inclusive, dedicated, and world-class team that continuously pushes the boundary of service and engineering excellence? Do you love meaningful work that can advance your career?
The Office for the web team is looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about working on high-scale geo-distributed services. These services power the infrastructure behind the Office web applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Visio that are part of the Office 365 suite. You will help design, build and run all aspects of these high scale services including monitoring, scalability and reliability. We are gearing up to modernize our infrastructure services to achieve world class scalability and reliability. We seek to build on the site reliability principles to understand distributed systems and high-scale services. We are taking a holistic approach across the infrastructure stack, including request routing, storage, compute, and networking, seeking to understand the entire customer. If you want hands-on experience in designing, building and running a global service in the M365 and Azure ecosystem, this is the role for you.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, shipping, and production on call rotation
- Work closely with other disciplines to shape the service infrastructure and product
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and work well with other people
- Foster a culture of being agile, innovative, team-oriented and customer-focused
- Contributing to team-wide fundamentals/infrastructure investments
- Investigating and prototyping new technologies and frameworks
- Writing and maintaining unit tests and automated integration tests
- 3+ years of experience and outstanding coding skills in at least one of the object-oriented computer languages: C#, C++/C, or Java
- 2+ Years of experience in developing Web Services and managing production grade services.
- 2+ years of Software Engineering and experience in testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
- 1+ years of experience in software architecture and design
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, including working with partners, explaining complex technical issues
- A positive attitude and a passion for software development
- Capable of technical deep dives into networking, service design, operating systems and storage
- Experience in distributed systems, networking, global traffic management or capacity planning is a plus
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing -diagnosing service health issues at global scale is a plus
- Strong debugging, testing/validation and analytics/telemetry skills; statistics experience is a plus
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site is a plus
- Experience in Asp.net Core, WCF is an added plus
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.