|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Technical Program Manager
Are you passionate about cutting edge of cloud platform development? Would you thrive on working directly with our customers’ engineers to understand their needs, identify emerging patterns, and develop new capabilities? Do you enjoy solving complex problems in novel ways across a myriad of platforms? You may be the Principal Program Manager we have been looking for!
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. We work in collaboration with Microsoft product teams, partners and open source communities—to empower our customers to do more with the cloud. We pride ourselves on making contributions to open source and make our platforms easier to adopt.
You will be delivering high-impact engineering projects using both open-source and Microsoft technologies, in a community model within our team, and partnering with other engineering and product teams at Microsoft to align the work with our customers’ project goals. You will be working side by side with customers and their developers to build innovative solutions to solve exciting business problems and collaborating with the Microsoft product teams to improve our products, ultimately to make it easier for developers to use Microsoft platforms.
- Drive customer engagements to deliver well-defined products that generate immediate customer value and high-quality, broadly applicable software contributions to Microsoft products and to open-source communities
- Serve as Product Owner, managing project plans, in partnership with domain subject matter experts (SMEs) within the organization
- Lead communications with our customers, within the team and SMEs to represent our customers’ requirements, triage and prioritize customer feedback, ensure clarity within the CSE working team and actionable intelligence for our product teams
- Continuously drive excellence in program management fundamentals to continually build our shared best-practices
- At least 5+ years' program management experience including shipping complex production systems that run on a public cloud
- Prior program management (PM) experience in managing customer relationships and engagements, triaging and managing priorities
- At least 2+years as lead PM, communicating directly with customers, issue management to resolution and presenting projects to key stakeholders, including customer executives.
- Industry expertise in one of the following industries: automotive, financial services, government, health, manufacturing, media & communications, retail, education
- Proficiency in creating technical reports, white papers or case studies
- Enjoy travel and comfortable with regional travel up to 20%
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or the equivalent
At Microsoft we are seeking people who have a passion for the positive impact technology can have on the communities and for making a difference in the world. Within CSE, we have an informal and flexible work environment and you’ll be welcome to work from home, our offices, customer sites– wherever is best for you to get your job done. We invest in your health, wellness and financial future by offering a competitive package including a wide range of benefits built around your personal needs and those close to you.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.