|Job Type:||Full Time|
The vision of our group is to empower every Azure customer, Azure service providers with best in class troubleshooting experiences to recover their unhealthy azure resources. This mission requires a highly scalable, reliable, and constantly evolving infrastructure. We are a core backend platform team that enables all the services in azure to provide automated solutions to our customers in need. Our team is focused on building large scale platforms to host various Azure solution micro-services, deliver services to power interactive troubleshooting experiences. Our team creates innovative plug and play solutions, provide SDK's for 300+ Azure developers to diagnose and auto-remediate azure customer issues. This team’s immediate mission is to build brand new services and REST endpoints to deliver diagnostic solutions to Azure customers and Azure resellers by delivering new ARM Troubleshoot resource provider in all Azure clouds.
We are a young, fast, and dynamic team with startup culture that loves to take on big challenges, solve them and move onto the next. We have a vibrant developer ecosystem that is constantly growing coupled with steady adoption by many Microsoft services that is constantly challenging us with high scalability design problems. As a member of the team, you’d be getting opportunities to deal with these technical challenges on a regular basis and take our platform innovation to next level.
We are looking for motivated, accomplished, and proven software engineers who are eager to solve complex distributed system problems, have an impact on Azure developers and customers.
- Take Azure Solutions Platform to next level with your distributed system design skills and by making use of in house and open source technologies.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to the software engineering team on architecture, design, and development
- Must work closely with many partner teams, understand, and manage requirements, resolve conflicts.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, distributed systems, and application development practices
- Coach team members and help them improve their technical skills
- Learn & work effectively in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of development experience in C++ or C# or Java
- Experience in building and managing large scale distributed systems
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP.)
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
- Excellent communications skills and proven ability to drive large-scale, cross-organizational initiatives
- Extensive design experience and fluency in design patterns, with attention to security, performance, reliability, and scalability
- Proven ability to deliver innovative and durable solutions for ambiguous problems
- Familiarity with other technologies like Kafka, Cassandra, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes is a bonus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.