|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Our Data & Devices (D&D) end-markets are going through a period of exponential change and rapid growth supported by secular megatrends in Data-Center, Access and IoT. Our customers are building devices and infrastructure which are redefining the information technology world. Our products push the envelope to meet the ever-changing need of an increasingly connected and data-driven world. Our approach is to enhance the way we engage customers, ecosystem and partners, and focus on what really matters to drive relentless pursuit of profitable growth. We are looking for an exceptionally driven and highly analytical Senior Manager of Business Development, with a strong technology background that blends strategy and execution.
The Senior Manager of Business Development will work closely with customers, partners, cross-functional stakeholders, and executive leaders in the development and execution of growth strategies. It will require exploration of new growth areas, profit-pool identification through deep understanding of the customers/ecosystem, building & validating strategies, and subsequently executing them to enable profitable-growth. It will require extensive interaction with external stakeholders (customers, partners) and internal stakeholders (sales, product-management, engineering, operations, finance) to determine intercept opportunities, develop value proposition, position the product/portfolio, and conduct targeted promotion to realize revenue goals. The routes to growth can span organic, inorganic/M&A and hybrid/partnership approaches.
This is a visible role requiring a high degree of independent strategic thinking, tolerance to ambiguity, and execution discipline. This role will report to the Vice President – Business Development.
- Communicate with and influence executive leaders and key stakeholders as part of developing and operationalizing growth strategies
- Take responsibility for priorities, strategy and roadmap for expanding into new applications and platforms through targeted initiatives
- Drive strategy formulation, development and refinement for the chosen initiatives and shepherd them through the various gates into execution
- Engage with customers and align with the sales function to develop new business pipeline for chosen initiatives, either organically or via partnerships. Alternatively, in areas where inorganic development is required, work with key stakeholders to develop the rationale and business case to support and execute M&As
- Lead commercialization activities, including identifying and establishing the right ecosystem relationships, developing proposals and business structures, synthesizing customer feedback for internal teams and closing targeted deals
- Initiate and collaborate with stakeholders to develop customer proposals and presentation materials including development of business cases, value propositions and supporting financial models
- Demonstrate strong program-management mindset to drive growth initiatives by providing direction by establishing priorities, assign/pursue tasks, ensure accountability, and drive systematic follow-through. Own, maintain and drive progress dashboards. Prepare reports in relationship to meeting financial goals, identification of new opportunities, new customers, and pipeline
Competencies / Skills:
- Highly analytical systematic strategic thinker with strong problem identification and solving skills
- Rigorously detail oriented, committed to accuracy and outcome driven
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build rapport with customers/stakeholders. Ability to synthesize and concisely communicate complex ideas
- Skilled at strategy formulation and development
- Ability to understand the big picture, uncover customer needs and translate into selling opportunities
- Adept at new customer prospecting and communicating value proposition effectively
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions to drive desired business agreement results
- Passion for both business & technology, with deep understanding of key business/technical metrics
- P&L background/understanding with strong market and technical underpinning
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced global team environment
- Composure and resilience under pressure – can operate with clinical calmness in a crisis
- Exhibits integrity and does not compromise principles/core-values for an easier route
- Program management mindset to systematically drive outcome via well-planned milestones, time-management/organization skills, balancing content-depth with process-injection. Aggressive follow-up skills
- Proven track record of delivering complex multi-disciplinary programs/initiatives from concept through execution
- Strong intellectual curiosity, coupled with desire to learn and improve constantly
- 10 to 15 years in Business Development, Strategy, Product Management and/or Sales, combined with strong background in Engineering
- Minimum of 4-year technical engineering degree, with an advanced degree (MBA preferred)
- Experience in data communications a plus
- Ability to support frequent travel up to 50% (both regional and global)
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.