Last updated an hour ago
|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is seeking a Program Manager to lead a cross-company multi-year initiative aimed at reducing customer churn across our Cloud products.
This is the perfect job for an experienced Program Manager with broad business, data and product execution experience who loves rolling up their sleeves and getting involved. You're comfortable working with disciplines across different departments within a quick-paced, fast-growing company to deliver awesome outcomes. You will help craft and drive the major programs of work across the company, you'll bring order and focus while leaving room for flexibility, experimentation and innovation. You'll have an infectious sense of urgency to help those around you: you'll be a mentor, multiplier, influencer, negotiator and awesome communicator rolled into one. The role will need to manage and influence teams across Atlassian - Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, Analytics, Product and Engineering.
In many respects, Atlassian operates on trust and as such, you’ll need to hone & refine your management & leadership approach to fit the environment. A strong track record for building a trusted partnership with senior leadership is highly valued.
We're specifically looking for program managers with passion and experience in running cross functional customer success programs with a strong bias for product and analytics.
You’ll need to be comfortable working in a ‘less structured’ environment but also build structure where it’s needed while bringing teams on the journey. Bring your ideas on how to make life better for us.
A bit about the role:
This role will be a cross-functional one based in Mountain View with the mission of reducing customer churn, sustainably. The preferred candidate will have worked with geographically distributed teams. You’ll be leading the Customer Churn program which is gnarly, cross cutting and has heaps of dependencies. You’ll have the opportunity to work with some amazing teams and inspirational leaders who share your passion for helping our customers be successful with Atlassian’s Cloud products. Come join us with your sleeves rolled up and ready to get involved and get on board with the company’s exciting Cloud mission.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of project or program management experience in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively and collaboratively identify and synchronize project interdependencies across multiple teams, and navigate risks and change along the way
- Love for leading cross functional technical and business programs, championing customer success throughout the company
- Have strong business acumen, customer empathy, product and data chops!
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with great creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to set up a program from scratch and establish strong rituals that drive consistent outcomes
- Ability to form trusted partnerships with senior stakeholders through regular status updates, effective decision making and clean escalations
- Real passion for coaching and mentoring engineering, product and customer success leadership on relevant project management practices
- Promote, define, refine and carry out lightweight processes that fit our culture and values
- Passion for Atlassian's collaboration tools, and how they empower teams to unleash their potential
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience working in a fast-growing software product organization with design and development teams, who may be located in different geographies
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.