|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We seek to empower learners around the world to acquire the skills enabling them to get a job, advance in their career and achieve more. Here is an opportunity for you to influence our learning programs and experiences designed to build world class capability for customers, partners, employees, and future generations.
Within Worldwide Learning, we reach millions of learners where they are, anytime, anywhere, and deliver experiences that support exploring, learning, practicing, and proving their skills. We use the Dynamics 365 platform to augment and enhance our ability to support learners throughout their learning journey across the diversity of our program offerings.
As the Dynamics Software Engineering Lead, you will lead an engineering team responsible for the Dynamics solution portfolio. You will architect and develop reusable solutions that deliver business value, demonstrating the possibilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 in transforming business processes and in enabling successful delivery execution and customer relationship management. You will bring creativity to solving problems in ways that allow for greater scale and mobility and avail access to a rich ecosystem of data as you partner with our user experience, marketing, business programs, and operations teams. You will provide technical leadership for the systems architecture and execute using agile engineering practices. You will bring a passion for quality, a focus on the customer, and a willingness to experiment, all in support of driving successful learner outcomes. And you will motivate your team, inspiring them to deliver innovative solutions with a high degree of craftsmanship.
In this role, you’ll partner with engineers, program managers, data professionals and leaders across many teams to solve complex business challenges using the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform to enable successful delivery of our learning programs. More specifically, you will:
- Provide thought leadership as the Business Applications expert for assigned service offerings and educate our business partners about Dynamics 365 capabilities, vertical solutions, and value proposition in order to drive acting sourcing of opportunities
- Build a team culture of curiosity and growth, embracing customer focus and continued learning
- Foster an environment that enables everyone to realize their full potential
- Provide thought leadership and technical expertise in how best to leverage Dynamics 365 and Power Platform
- Work with engineering teams to support and deliver solutions and new capabilities for successful program delivery
- Create the time and space to facilitate learning, experimentation, and incubation
- Recruit and build a strong engineering team and mentor/grow team members
To be successful in this role, you must have strong verbal and written communication skills, a positive attitude, and the creativity to tackle hard, ambiguous problems in innovate ways. An entrepreneurial sense of ownership and ability to take initiative and operate autonomously are also key in this role. You also thrive in a team environment that values cross-team collaboration and building on the success of others in addition to the below
- 10+ years of professional software development, including 2+ years of Engineering leadership experience
- 2+ years of people management or tech lead experience with a track record of effectively leading project teams
- Deep expertise in software engineering best practices, systems architecture and API architecture principles
- A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Exceptional problem solving, technical, and data analysis skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/education
- Passion for quality with strong customer empathy and focus
- A history of inter-team partnerships, working closely across teams to help find common goals, orchestrate the complex to be simple, and operationalize efforts
- Experience building, integrating, or customizing Dynamics 365 applications or other CRM software packages (Salesforce, SAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 (CE, F&O), PowerApps, Power Automate, Common Data Service and Power BI
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
- Expertise with business process engineering
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure stack and related cloud technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.