|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for opportunities to deliver innovations to a billion users that improve their daily life? Do you want to be part of a fast-cycle, high visibility and hardcore Natural Language Experiences team with ambitious goals? We are hiring extremely talented, highly motivated and productive applied and data scientists with expertise in building large scale natural language understanding and natural language generation models using cutting edge Deep Learning technologies as well as advanced linguistic knowledge.
As a part of Microsoft Experience and Devices Division, we are the Natural Languages Experience team, sitting at the intersection between experience, intelligence, data and system. We are building products touching hundreds of millions of users on daily basis, generating multiple billions of hours of usage and tens of millions of Office documents across all kinds of devices. Our team is responsible for energizing the next generation of Office productivity experiences with the power of aggregated big data, artificial intelligence and large-scale cloud computing. On top of that, we are aggressively evolving Office experience towards AI aided task completion for effective reading, writing and designing documents in Microsoft Office. Our team have offices in multiple worldwide locations, including Redmond Washington, Serbia, Dublin and also closely collaborate with Microsoft AI and Research on many joint innovations.
The mission of our group is to advance reading and writing assistance in Core Office apps and to make fundamental contributions to advancing the state-of-the-art in language technology both within Microsoft and in the industry. As an experienced applied scientist, your responsibilities include working with researchers, applied scientists and engineers to design and build various deep learning NLP models using latest technologies for Office intelligent services. You would be driving intelligence experience projects through their entire life-cycle from idea creation through implementation, experimentation and finally to world-wide availability. If you are passionate about applying cutting edge NLP technology to positively impact the lives of millions of people, this is the job for you.
- 5+ years of research or product experience in Natural Language Processing.
- Passion for discovering the next generation of groundbreaking technologies in natural language technology.
- Fluency with recent NLP & ML advancements, e.g. transformers, distillation, etc.
- Hands-on experience in Deep Learning using frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
- Strong coding skills in one or more of Python, C#, C/C++.
- PhD in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science or related field .
- Strong ability and effectiveness working in a significant technical problem domain, in the term of plan, design, execution, continuous release and service operation.
- Passionate and self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively work in collaborative multiple project team environment and ship model features in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer/End results/Metrics driven in design and development.
- Strong ability in self-learning, entering new domain, managing through uncertainty in an innovative team environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.