|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about Cloud Computing and looking for an opportunity to influence strategic decision making that will have a long-term impact on Microsoft’s future? If so, this is the role for you!
The Microsoft Capacity, Supply Chain, and Provisioning (CSCP) group is an exciting and fast evolving Supply Chain organization within Microsoft. CSCP’s vision is to Empower Customers to Achieve More by Delivering Cloud Capacity Differentiated at Scale. Our mission is to deliver Capacity for all Cloud Services Predictably through Intelligent Systems driven by Continuous Learning and a World Class Organization. The organization is responsible for Microsoft’s Customer cloud promise of delivering on Elasticity and Scale at Optimal Cost and Speed. We cover all Microsoft Online Services, supporting over 200 businesses including Bing, O365, OneDrive, Xbox and Microsoft Azure branded services.
We have an exciting opportunity on the Cloud Server Capacity Planning team for a high energy Senior Program Manager. The Microsoft Cloud Server Capacity Planning team is reinventing and transforming many portions of their end-to-end business processes and systems solutions to achieve the ideal desired end-state to enable Cloud scalability, predictability and agility. This position is pivotal to the success of this Transformation while working as a change agent. The ideal candidate will have superior program management and business analysis skills within the supply chain domain with a proven track record for developing and deploying supply chain solutions and systems that enable the business to scale. The candidate will be responsible for developing the future supply chain architecture that enables operational efficiencies, supply chain flexibility, asset management efficiency, and increased reliability for Microsoft’s Cloud fleet. To achieve transformation, candidate will be accountable for to-be business modeling, processes, capability definition, roadmaps, success metrics, and KPIs. Enablement of transformation will be in partnership with cross-functional Microsoft Cloud operations, engineering teams, and external suppliers to jointly deliver initiatives needed to support the desired end-state.
This Program Manager role will reside in the Business Transformation team that focuses on developing and executing the medium to long-term supply chain strategy through transformation of people, process, and tools to meet NorthStar goals. The role will focus on transformation of the Spares, Warranty, and Decommission value streams. The role sits on the business side while being the conduit to cross-functional operations and engineering organizations necessary to achieve NorthStar goals. Candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, tenacious and focused on results. This is a highly collaborative role, where you will need to confidently work across the Microsoft Cloud organization at all levels to drive key initiatives and strategic projects that support the delivery of capacity.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help define next generation models, processes, and tools to scale with Microsoft’s growth
- Develop and propose business case justifications for capital, program resources and technology investments
- Develop and drive the vision and future state process & systems roadmap with clear articulation of business impact, success metrics, and KPIs for capabilities while ensuring strong synchronization cross-functionally with stakeholder teams
- Aggregate requirements and document the business requirements and process maps
- Translate business requirements into a strategy for process improvements and/or systems solutions
- Ensure there is complete internal and cross-functional process alignments at all levels to drive the changes
- Work with engineering to define capabilities, drive prioritization of work, delivery schedules and resources needed
- Own the change management, internal and stakeholder alignment to support the deployment of new systems and automation
- Manage expectations of all stakeholder parties
- Manage project governance, including portfolio planning prioritization, and rhythm of the business
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong technical aptitude with excellent visual and verbal communication skills with ability to influence business and technical decision makers
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the solution
- Perform data analysis and presentation through SQL, PowerBI and similar mediums
- Implement measurement frameworks to enable data-driven decision making
- Cultivate strategic relationships globally
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or any equivalent field
- 5+ years’ experience in Program management related to Supply Chain operations, Cloud, and/or Infrastructure
- MS/MBA preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in Program management related to Supply Chain operations, Cloud, and/or Infrastructure
- Hands on experience in supply chain transformation strategies, major systems deployments and process reengineering
- Demonstrated bias for action and comfort driving to clarity in a high degree of ambiguity
- Proficiency with supply chain framework and concepts such as SCOR
- Proven capability delivering results through cross-group collaboration and partnerships
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with ability to create and deliver executive friendly communications on complex solutions
- Ability to interact with and influence diverse technical and non-technical groups spanning all organizational levels
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills with a focus on process engineering and automation
- Adept in program management in highly collaborative organizational models
- Define & drive to detailed program schedules, including senior-level program-level reviews to share scope, schedule, issues, and risks.
- Engineer, execute, and then refine process and tool models to improve operational efficiency
- Proven track record of large-scale project delivery with 4-6 years of experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities with minimal oversight
- Proven track record of strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and solution design
- Eager to learn, curious, and customer-focused
- Strong knowledge of key IT and service industry concepts
- Proficient with Microsoft O365 applications, Visio, MS Project, SQL, and Power BI
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.