|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Storage team is hiring!
The Azure Storage team enables engineers around the world to store their data in Azure. We are performance critical; allocations and milliseconds matter. If you’re the type of person that is willing to learn about optimization and architecture at scale, the Azure Storage team is what you are looking for. Azure Storage is a cornerstone infrastructure platform at Microsoft, used by developers around the world to store all types of data for internal and external products alike.
We operate at hyperscale - billions of objects and exabytes of data in hundreds of clusters across the globe.
We spend each sprint adding new features and perfecting our platform in order to continue accelerating our exponential growth.
We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about performance and scale to help ensure our product is as efficient as possible as we strive to increase our footprint.
Best fit if you are:
- A determined engineer, someone who is disciplined about performance and architecture and cares about optimizing high-scale systems.
- Personable and positive: we want people with a high emotional intelligence. You understand people aren't perfect-you have the patience to work through difficult issues with external and partner teams.
- Open minded: You are passionate and have an opinion, but aren’t opinionated.
Driven: Interested in owning cross team initiatives and improvements to improve Azure Storage.
- 9+ years of professional experience as a software engineer with expertise in C++.
- Experience leading a large scale project end to end
- You have familiarity with or are interested in learning about operations at our scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or 4 additional years of engineering experience
- Experience running Perfmon or done memory analysis in the past.
- Comfortable focusing on the details of the system.
- REST API knowledge: You know the difference between a POST and a PATCH and you know the reasons for HTTP Status codes 409 and 412.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.