|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The IT Service Operations person acts as the first point of entry focusing on enhancing the stakeholder relationship, improving workplace productivity and ensuring a positive user experience by resolving IT issues via phone, chat, email and other support modalities.
The selected candidate will act as a trusted advisor working to identify and discover technology as well and non-technology-oriented solutions and possess the ability to proactively identify issues trends and Innovate beyond the transactional support model of tickets. The candidate must be willing to adhere to published queue or call back schedules and be available for different shifts as necessary while supporting customers through various support modalities (ie. Phone, chat, email, etc).
- Supporting escalated issues of all customers through various support modalities (ie. Phone, chat, etc). Effectively communicating with customers and stakeholders via, phone, email or any other available means
- Scoping and documenting customer scenarios, potential causes and troubleshooting steps
- Leverage the people and resources put at your disposition to speed the resolution of the customers issue.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
- Ensuring compliance with schedules; processes and MS policies and values
- Foster positive customer relationships while effectively managing challenging situations.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
- Demonstrate leadership through personal responsibility, accountability, and teamwork.
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences. Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or hot customer issues. Be responsive to customer needs.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA programs.
- Interact with other engineers to provide technical action plans or take ownership of cases that require escalation.
- Share knowledge with others through solution documents.
- Build automated self-help solutions and create training. Provide detailed analysis of where problems exist and formulate solution options to resolve
- 3+ years Experience in M365/Azure/ Windows, or other Microsoft products and services.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years Experience support engineer, troubleshooting and customer support experience.
- Service Engineering and/or DevOps experience at internet scale involving user data and/or software development for an enterprise level service
- Cloud Computing, Microsoft 365 (Exchange, Sharepoint, Microsoft teams, ODB etc), Windows, OS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Experience with C# and .NET, PowerShell, Web Services or similar development technologies in an academic or professional setting.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems and identify solutions
- Demonstrated understanding on Networking Concepts: DNS , VPN, Virtual Networks etc
- Web protocols/methods: TCP/IP, HTTP/s, JSON.
- OS/Virtualization: OS Internals, Hyper-V, SSH, LDAP etc
- Networking concepts - DNS, protocols, Devices
- IIS Concepts - Configuration, Architecture, SSL and Kerberos
- Windows Architecture - Exception Handling, Memory Management concepts
- Tools - Netmon, Perfmon , Fiddler
- Basic SQL Server Administration concepts
- Hands on experience on SharePoint On Premise to Online migration
- Working experience on Azure AD. Setting up Azure AD Sync, multi factor authentication, Access Control Service.
- Experience in using various Office 365/SharePoint Online command lets
- Hands on experience in writing complex SharePoint Server Object Model, CSOM scripting (PowerShell/JScript/JQuery) and REST API.
- Solid understanding of various identity providers such as ADFS/PING SSO/Site Minder etc., and configuring using custom claim rules for Office 365.
- Adding vanity domains to Office 365 and managing identities across the tenant.
- External Sharing in SharePoint online, my site management, Search related issues.
- Hands on experience on using OneDrive for Business and troubleshooting sync issues.
- Hands on experience on SharePoint Hybrid (Search/BCS/OneDrive for Business (my sites)
- Configuring Apps for SharePoint and office. Should have knowledge to write a simple app and publish to SharePoint store.
- Understand the social features in SharePoint such as Yammer, newsfeed etc.
- Passion for technology and customer supportability
- Must have enthusiasm for learning. Passionate about cloud technology.
- Leadership - handle technically challenging and hot customer situations
- Strong communications skills - excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Engineering teams to drive architectural changes to improve stability of environments
- Ability to prioritize core role responsibilities vs. other work requests received
- Logical and critical thinking
- Ability to deal with ambiguity under continual deadline constraints
- 5 years+ Experience in M365/Azure/ Windows, or other Microsoft products and services.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years+ Experience support engineer, troubleshooting and customer support experience.
- 5 years + experience providing technical support via the phone, chat, email or other remote support channels
- Prior experience on Azure, InfoPath, SharePoint Designer, Scripting and SharePoint development is added advantage.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.