|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who are we?
Intelligent Conversation & Communications Cloud (IC3) is an org within the Microsoft 365 (M365) portfolio of products. IC3 powers billions of conversations across Microsoft Teams and other clients. IC3 enables reliable, high quality audio/video calling, meeting and messaging services across a wide variety of end points.
Inside of IC3, we are the group providing all of the services that power Chat, Calling, Meetings & Telephony Platform workloads. Millions of customers around the globe, rely 24/7 on the services that we build for running their core businesses. Powering all of this takes a set of well architected, globally distributed, highly scalable services and applications. Our group is responsible for building and growing these services. Within Platform team, Calling, Meetings and Telephony workloads is a huge business opportunity and we aim to break out as the next Billion-dollar business within the M365 and Azure family of products. We need an exceptional engineering leader to do that.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Telephony team in Redmond. Someone who is super passionate about architecting and building real-time services that will enable customers to power their Applications and providing APIs, Billing and Configuration management for these customers via Azure. This is an area that is evolving rapidly both inside and outside of Microsoft, and you’ll be at the forefront of that change. As a manager for this team you’ll get to immerse yourself in cutting edge technology with the team and influence the huge business opportunity that lies ahead, for this team.
- You’ll be a model guide for an engineering team that will develop and manage large scale, distributed communication applications and services
- You’ll build, foster and grow the team, including hiring exceptional talent as appropriate.
- Build strong relationships with partner teams within Microsoft to bring innovation to new and existing Cloud Voice applications.
- Work with Program Management to influence business strategy.
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and disciplined software engineering practices to deliver business value, guided by data
- 8+ years of industry experience developing enterprise grade software.
- 3+ years of experience managing engineering teams, delivering high quality software for customers.
- Familiarity with building applications and services in the Cloud would be very helpful. Knowing Microsoft Azure stack is helpful, but not required.
- Familiarity with the Voice application/Telephony space will be a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.