|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to grow and expand your technical, customer and soft skills? Do you dream of working with the product groups at Microsoft to influence future product design on behalf of the customer? Then this might be the team you are looking for. At Support for Mission Critical (SMC), we do all of the above and have fun while delivering true mission critical support to top tier Microsoft customers and we are the only team at Microsoft doing this. As a PFE engineer for Support for Mission Critical (SMC) customers, you will represent Microsoft, deliver SMC services and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding escalated problems in Microsoft software products, and manage relationships with SMC customers.
- Act as the customer lead for Proactive and reactive service delivery for SMC accounts
- Responsible for creating SMC lifecycle technical documentations, customer specific training documentation and custom customer education sessions
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, TAMs, DSEs and account executive management.
- Maintain strong relationships w/ customer contacts to ensure high CPE
- Develop custom scripts to monitor or fix issues, or create customer specific KBs to mitigate customer pains longer term; this may involve writing sample code or new IP development type of work
- Manage crisis situations that may involve politically challenging issues and diverse audiences and participate in the 24X7 on-call rotation model.
- Available to travel within the US and Canada for assigned SMC customer accounts to conduct SMC lifecycle related assessments / reviews, to ensure timely delivery (up to 20%).
- Lead regular triage meetings to share lesion learned with customers, engineers and TAMs, and defines mitigation strategies to ensure customer solutions run efficiently.
- Collaborate with other technical teams (EE, PFE, TAMs, Dev. & MCS architect) at Microsoft to deliver product and solution level support
- Train and mentor others, across regional teams and help with onboarding of new engineers
Skills and qualifications:
- 3 plus years of working experience with Microsoft Server products and experienced in Microsoft Azure IaaS/PaaS
- Experienced in DevOps and knowledge of Azure Web Aps, Service Fabric and .NET
- Working knowledge in several areas of Azure PaaS and/or IaaS, such as Azure deployment, ARM template, Application Insights, PowerShell Scripting, Security, High Availability, Azure Storage, Azure Virtual Machine, Backup / Disaster Recovery, Patching, Clustering, service resilience, SQL Azure, ADLS and distributed systems etc.
- 2 plus years’ experience with troubleshooting, configuring and supporting Network and Hybrid scenarios
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code
- Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals
- Understanding of n-tier solutions
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Must have the ability to take on internal initiatives to create services opportunities, and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands, addressing shifting priorities, and maintaining focus
Key Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong problem-solving and technical leadership skills
- Works well in a global team environment, a rapid learner
- Excellent Communication Skills - spoken and written Spanish, English and nice to have Portuguese
- Effective learning skills, desired background in Microsoft technologies
- Experience within AWS or other Cloud Services Candidates with Service engineer or system engineer background will be preferable Open source and Linux skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information System, Math, Engineering, Business, or related field preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.