|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning andKNOWyou are making a difference. The mission of the Flipgrid Team is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers tens of millions of learners, families and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about culture as well as developing features and engaging the communities they serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results.
We are seeking a Senior Designerlooking to driveproduct vision inourever-expandingenvironment.You would lead,and contribute,to each facet of the design process:information architecture;interaction design;researchandusability;rapid prototyping;brand integration, andbeyond!You will partner with product leaders and engineering to shepherd end-to-end experiences from conceptideationtorelease. You need to be a great creator, collaborator, communicator, and coach for small and large teams.
- Leadandfacilitate design brainstorming and work sessions.
- Produce scenarios, information architecture diagrams, wireframes,flows,and other artifactsrooted in thorough research andcross-teamcollaboration.
- Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts.
- Help develop, manage, and refinedesign systems andpattern libraries.
- Effectively communicate withstakeholdersthroughoutimplementation phase to realize design vision.
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus arounda common design and interaction model.
- Ensure all designs follow accessibility and inclusivity standards defined by WCAG, ADA, and MAS.
- Continually work to hone your skills and improve your craft and share with others.
- Qualified candidates should have at least 5-7 years of experience,including experience with information architecture, interaction design, user research, and usability testing.
- Expertise creating a variety of interaction design documents including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, and annotated wireframes.
- Experience creating and managing UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines across a large organization.
- Experience in developing and conducting a variety of both qualitative and quantitative research including ethnographic research, contextual inquiries, guided explorations, and usability testing.
- Exposure to and understanding of a variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods for smaller and larger teams.
- Experience shipping innovative and complex mobile, web or software products within milestone deadlines.
- Fluency in current communication and social media trends.
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing,and Usability.
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals,and business requirements that shape current and future products.
- Proficient in developing IA and user flows using Visio, Omnigraffle, LucidCharts or similar tools.
- Proficient indesigning high-fidelity mocks in Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or similar tools.
- Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and otherartifacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills andattention to detail.
The product team is largely based in Minnesota, but we are open to candidates in the Minneapolis and Redmond/Seattle/Puget Sound areas, and potentially other locations as well!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.