|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be on the cutting edge of Microsoft’s approach to distributed systems? Do you want to live, breathe, and eat Kubernetes? Are you ready to take companies beyond their basic clusters? Are you passionate about growing a team of highly effective software engineers while providing direction to the team’s building out our services? Do you want to solve tough problems with Kubernetes like Active-Active cluster failover, multicluster management, and service meshes?
If so, we are looking for a manager to lead the Application Platform Services Domain team in Microsoft’s Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) org. Our org codes with customer/partner engineering teams on their hardest challenges to unblock and accelerate progress. In the process, we capture learnings and develop reusable code, templates, product feedback, and guidance to improve the value of our platform.
We are looking for an experienced leader, with a proven track record of managing and coaching high potential teams, driving customer success, and a passion for distributed systems and cloud platforms.
- Lead a team of software engineers.
- Support and live CSE’s culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Support, mentor, and grow team members.
- Work directly with customers to help deploy containerized solutions.
- Work directly with Product Group decision makers to influence the Microsoft product roadmap for Kubernetes focused services and features.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team.
- Deliver strategic plans in partnership with domain subject matter experts to define Azure containerized solution priorities based on analysis of customer patterns, industry trends, and product investments.
- Maintaining deep technical relationships with the Azure Compute product groups, being the trusted “voice of the customer” in engineering discussions.
- Extracting relevant learnings and patterns from customer engagements and sharing those learnings broadly through code, assets, and documentation.
- Owning the quality and accuracy of technical content in reports and meetings.
- Processing technical feedback and driving that feedback into Azure engineering to influence product direction.
- Providing subject matter expertise to the entire CSE organisation.
- At least 2+ years’ experience leading teams with direct management responsibilities.
- At least 6+ years of experience in software industry.
- Strong verbal and written communications for Executive audiences.
- Deep understanding of and passion for distributed systems, Kubernetes, and cloud technologies, including business drivers and emerging trends across Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies.
- Experience working in geographically dispersed, virtual teams, and ability to orchestrate high-performing engineering teams.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.