|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Business Platforms and Supply Chain Engineering team builds the engineering tools and systems for the Devices Supply Chain (e.g. Surface, XBOX, HoloLens), Microsoft digital and physical retail stores, as well as partnering with the Azure team to support the Cloud Supply Chain (e.g. Azure Servers and Racks into datacenters). Supply Chain is key to winning in the Devices and Cloud business because it helps us with faster time to market, increasing profitability and improving our customer experience. We build our engineering tools and platform for HW engineers, Planners, Sourcing Managers, Factory Operations, Logistics and Warehouse Operations, Customer Support, Datacenter Ops, Microsoft Retail Stores - all of these are involved in the whole lifecycle from designing a product to ensuring we can build them at scale and deliver them to our customers. We partner with suppliers, manufacturers, logistics providers and retailers to make and sell Microsoft products and services.
The Shared Services team within BPSC is responsible for building the shared infrastructure and tools that allows us to efficiently build secure, reliable and supportable solutions that power our Supply Chain. The BPSC team has two primary cultural priorities – Service Health and Business Outcomes first mentality. The Shared Services team drives the Live Site culture and process, and champions the “Service Health”-first mentality. We define how we measure the health of critical business scenarios and all up service health, we define and run an optimized crisis and livesite management process with continual service improvement. We define how to measure the Quality of Service, how we monitor and alert, how we capture end to end telemetry to debug and assess and restore service. We define the engineering fundamental requirements for all of our services, and drive reliability, resiliency, availability, security, privacy and compliance. We do this for internally built services and partner owned systems, and take a business scenario end to end view. We manage the factory infrastructures, and the 24x7 customer support teams to ensure our Supply Chain never experiences a disruption. All of these are high impact areas that directly impact the overall team’s engineering velocity and our ability to focus on delivering new value. The leadership team and stakeholders look at this team to provide the end to end visibility on our overall business and system health. Additionally, the team engages with the rest of CSEO to influence and share our processes and tools to deliver the same benefits across CSEO. We also have the opportunity to influence Microsoft’s product offerings in the Engineering Systems space (ADO, Service 360 etc).
The specific role is for a Principal Program Manager to drive Security for Supply Chain, across the org, our partners, and our stakeholders.
- End-to-end Security ownership of scope/priorities, schedule, budget, risks and issue management across the Supply Chain
- Security subject matter expertise for the organization
- Demonstrate customer obsession and demonstrate the use of data to identify the top pain points and opportunities for driving impact
- Provide leadership, effectively communicating and managing priorities and risk for the org up to leadership, business stakeholders and team members
- Lead sprint teams (i.e. consisting of SWEs and SREs) across the organization to deliver on the identified priorities
- 10+ years of experience as a PM with demonstrated success
- 7+ years of experience in Security
- Established success in areas of impact for influence, cross group collaboration, and focus on positive outcomes
- Proven sense of high accountability and self-drive to take on and see through big challenges
- Must be a self-starter, organized and detail oriented
- Ability to partner with others to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems; proven success in working in matrixed organizations with a high degree of demonstrated executive maturity and impact for influence
- Flexible communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences that include customers, peers and executive leadership
- A BA/BS degree in a technical field or related discipline
Preferred, not required:
- Masters degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Supply Chain hardware and software experience
#CSEO #CPE #BPSC
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.