|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to build leading edge technology solutions and to deploy into production with real world impact? Do you thrive by mentoring and leading by example? Would you love to help us accelerate the transformation towards digital organizations? Are you ready for the opportunity to change the world one application at a time?
If so, the Secure Infrastructure Architect position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
At Microsoft, we share knowledge, experiences, and resources to help each other achieve our career goals and grow both professionally and personally. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds who exhibit passion, technical competence, and experience in services delivery with complex projects or environments. Experience in this role will provide great opportunities to interact with pre-release versions, collaborate with product development teams and improve future versions of Microsoft products as a subject matter expert.
Together, we can help billions of people around the globe using digital technology to achieve amazing things.
Solution Architects develop solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions.
- You will enable consultants, field engineers, and partners.
- You will engage over the entire lifecycle of large and complex projects from early pre-sales through delivery oversight.
- You will maintain effective product group relationships.
- You will lead and motivate technical communities and provide quality assurance for solutions developed by others.
- You will present to executive audiences, help customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities, and drive add-on business within existing projects.
- 10+ years experience providing solution architecture and consulting.
- This role requires you to hold at minimum, a Top-Secret/SCI Security Clearance as issued by the U.S. Federal Government and be a U.S. Citizen. Do you hold a Top-Secret/SCI level clearance or higher?
- BS/BA Degree
Key professional qualifications:
- Passion for our customers demonstrated through professionalism and excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
- Deep understanding of competitive landscape and an ability to assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from and/or integrating with the customer's non-Microsoft platforms.
- Strong confidence, team work, ability to lead, promote collaboration, and professionally represent Microsoft in challenging environments and customer situations.
Key areas of technical expertise include one or more of the following:
- Private/Hybrid/Public cloud configurations, migrations, patterns, and practices.
- Azure IaaS and Azure PaaS services.
- Azure subscription planning and network architecture.
- Azure Active Directory and cloud identity.
- Active Directory and migration services.
Containerization and DevOps.
- Scripting, automation, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Windows Server, Hyper-V, Azure Stack.
- Modern Management for client devices with Azure AD, Intune, and Configuration Manager.
- Modern Service Management.
- Open-source software experience is a plus.
- Security reviews, assessments, and Threat Modeling.
- Credential Theft Mitigation recommended practices.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft security and identity technologies.
Additionally, the successful candidate will possess some of the following skills:
- Proven experience designing and implementing cloud technologies in large scale enterprises.
- Technical and architectural knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Client and Server, and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure services.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft security and identity technologies, such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), PKI and certificate management, IPSec, VPN, DirectAccess, Active Directory and Azure Rights Management Services and Windows Defender.
- Ability to design, create, and deliver to solution frameworks.
- Experience giving presentations to executive audiences and linking technical solutions to business outcomes.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.