|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TE) has an opportunity for an Automation Manufacturing Technology (AMT) Automation intern willing to develop and contribute to mechanical and electrical CAD design, mechanical assembly, tooling fitting and material organization and handling.
The Automation Intern will assist on building and designing machines and assist in developing processes as part of a multi-functional Machine Design & Build Team. The candidate will assist in mechanical and electrical design and assembly and conditioning of machines.
1. Kitting orders and materials for the Machine Build Shop.
2. Receiving component materials for the Machine Build Shop.
3. Updating mechanical and electrical drawings using CAD packages.
4. Assisting the Machine Builders in assembly and wiring of machines.
5. Shadowing technicians to understand job responsibilities.
6. Machining and modifying parts using milling machines, grinding machines, lathe, drill press, band saw, bench grinder, surface grinder, pedestal grinder and hand drill.
7. Assist the Machine Builders in conditioning automated equipment.
8. Maintaining 5S in the Shop area.
9. Inspecting tooling and product.
10. Creating and updating documentation to support the operation.
1. Student in a technical high school program.
2. Educated in print reading skills, preferably with multi-level and complex bills of material.
3. Educated in machinist skills in milling, grinding, turning parts on a lathe, using a drill press, using a band saw, using a bench grinder, surface grinder, pedestal grinder and hand drill.
4. Educated in precision measurement utilizing tool room instruments such as indicators, micrometers, calipers.
5. Educated in and have successfully completed projects using CAD mechanical and electrical software.
6. Educated in geometric tolerancing.
7. Proficiency in interpreting 3D CAD models.
8. Educational experience working in a machine shop and machine shop safety.
9. MS Word, Excel and Outlook knowledge required.
10. Good English communication skills including writing emails, listening and speaking.
Personal characteristics of the individual:
1. High level of initiative and drive with a strong sense of urgency and accountability; energetic, proactive, hands-on and hardworking so as to lead by example;
2. Strong communications skills; must demonstrates an open, honest, and transparent communication style with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to explain complex topics concisely to a technical audience;
3. Excellent judgment and experiences in an environment which requires emotional maturity, politically savvy, and the personal ability to interact with all types of personnel at varying levels;
4. Willingness and personal style to be a team player and foster a team environment, with the capacity and aptitude to serve as a leader in motivating and inspiring others
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.