|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Business Platforms and Supply Chain Engineering team builds the engineering tools and systems for the Devices Supply Chain (e.g. Surface, XBOX, HoloLens), Microsoft digital and physical retail stores, as well as partnering with the Azure team to support the Cloud Supply Chain (e.g. Azure Servers and Racks into datacenters). Supply Chain is key to winning in the Devices and Cloud business because it helps us with faster time to market, increasing profitability and improving our customer experience. We build our engineering tools and platform for HW engineers, Planners, Sourcing Managers, Factory Operations, Logistics and Warehouse Operations, Customer Support, Datacenter Ops, Microsoft Retail Stores - all of these are involved in the whole lifecycle from designing a product to ensuring we can build them at scale and deliver them to our customers. We partner with suppliers, manufacturers, logistics providers and retailers to make and sell Microsoft products and services.
The Data and Analytics team within BPSC is responsible for building the platform that houses all of the data we harness and collect in our Supply Chain. This is at the heart of running our Supply Chain with timely data flowing across business processes, driving visibility and enabling analytics with actionable insights to make the right operational decisions and achieve the right business outcomes. Ultimately, we envision a future where systems can anticipate issues and see opportunities, recommend and take actions and where humans review and oversee this work. The Data Platform PM is based in Redmond, WA and will be responsible for working across the team, and with our stakeholders and users of the data platform to understand the challenges we have in harnessing this data, and helping us move the platform to be ready for predictive analytics at scale. We developed Data Lake and Data warehousing capabilities that aid in business decision making for the supply chain using the latest Azure technology stack - specifically ADL, ADF, ADW, Databricks etc. Our Data Lake and Warehousing solution will provide end-to-end supply chain visibility of business and system events and correlate them using complex event processing technology. The person should be able to go deep in understanding the pain our customers have, influence engineering and operations and business stakeholders to drive alignment and identify opportunities. The job has opportunity for deep technical impact and product innovation by defining the vision and roadmap for the Data Platform. You will work with the business to identify and drive the right platform capabilities to support descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to be able to make business and operational decisions for the Supply Chain. Candidates must be prepared to succeed against aggressive goals with minimum supervision, and be comfortable working with internal and external partners and virtual / offshore teams
- Define the Vision, Strategy and ensure world-class Data and Analytics platform for the Supply Chain
- Provide strong leadership in Big Data, Hadoop, Azure Data Lake and Data warehouse technologies and its use in supply chain aligning to leading industry’s BI practices
- Demonstrate customer obsession and demonstrate the use of data to identify the top pain points and opportunities for driving impact
- Effectively collaborate across teams in bigdata for mining, reuse, analysis and research and help the business implement machine learning models on our platform
- Be the Platform/Product champion externally and passionate voice of the customer internally
- Work in a dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities, commitments, and projects with minimal supervision
- Provide leadership, effectively communicating and managing priorities and risk for the org up to leadership, business stakeholders and team members
- Lead sprint teams (i.e. consisting of SWEs and SREs) across the organization to deliver on the identified priorities
- 10+ years of experience as a PM with demonstrated success
- 7+ years of experience in Supply Chain with deep experience in Data and Analytics
- Established success in areas of impact for influence, cross group collaboration, and focus on positive outcomes
- Proven sense of high accountability and self-drive to take on and see through big challenges
- Must be a self-starter, organized and detail oriented
- Ability to partner with others to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems; proven success in working in matrixed organizations with a high degree of demonstrated executive maturity and impact for influence
- Flexible communication skills that can provide clarity to audiences that include customers, peers and executive leadership
- A BA/BS degree in a technical field or related discipline
- Deep experience in Database technologies (Relational and Multi-Dimensional), OLAP, SQL, Big Data
- Proven technical experience in Hadoop, ADL, Azure Data bricks, ADF, ADW etc
- Extensive knowledge and experience in data warehousing, data processing (ETL), business intelligence, information retrieval, parallel and distributed computation
- Experience in analyzing very large real-world datasets and hands-on approach in data analytics
- Experience in implementation of Cloud Computing concepts and platforms is preferred
Preferred, not required:
- Masters degree
- B2B Trading Partner Integration, Master Data Management and experience in SAP systems preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Supply Chain hardware and software experience
#CSEO #CPE #BPSC
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.