|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering (CSEO) employees have a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
The Core Platform Fundamentals team has a great opportunity for a high energy Principal Program Manager who is passionate about building modern engineering systems and processes that drives engineering productivity and velocity. You will own determining the right visualizations that inform our discussions on incidents health, service health, and Quality of Service. Our environment is start-up by nature, where we move fast and learn fast. This is a highly collaborative role, where you will lead the work across the organization and the company with other Fundamental teams to drive the vision on Service and Incident Health. This role requires strong product thinking, cross group collaboration and a comfort level reporting out to senior engineering leaders. You will get an opportunity to work closely with data and partner with our data science teams to continually drive intelligence in our products. This is a challenge like no other, because of your proximity to your customer; they sit right beside you and have a direct line to you while also delivering part of Microsoft’s DevOps market strategies via Azure. This role requires strong customer empathy, ownership and eagerness to drive clarity through ambiguity.
- You define the roadmap four area, working with a breadth of horizontal teams that measure and drive Azure fundamentals (Compliance, Security, Availability, Reliability and more), work hand-in-hand with design, engineering, and Service teams to deliver supreme experiences for CSEO engineers and to influence and aid the co-development of features in Service Tree and ICM to support our efforts.
- Own and represent the status and trends of our TTx metrics in our CSEO scorecard meeting with our executives.
- Define the strategy for the next level of maturity of our divisional Service Reviews pivoting from engineering hygiene to a comprehensive review of our Service Health.
- Formulate our incident management strategy and practices, by partnering with other fundamental teams across the company and by deep diving into our incident response and management data, performing in-depth data analysis and developing plans and recommendations for improvements.
- You will use Kusto/AI/ML and apply it practically to solve real business problems. Work closely with peer engineering teams on defining and Identifying and implementing additional feature requirements in our CSEO telemetry system and reporting.
- Be a mentor to other Program Managers in our team.
- 7+ years of technical product management experience in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
- Proven technical background with engineering teams required, and a demonstrated experience in service release and technical feature design.
- Experience in live site management, incident response, and supporting technologies AppInsights, data insights, etc
- Good working experience with Kusto and IcM is required.
- Previous knowledge working on telemetry & service monitoring to understand throughput, limitations and constraints.
- Prior experience shipping end-to-end Machine Learning based customer experiences, defining success KPIs, continuously improving the experiences based on customer feedback, driving adoption, and measuring the business impact.
- Customer-obsessed and data-driven mindset, as well as influence to impact strength
- Proven experience dealing with ambiguity, being a self-starter, and showing bias for action
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling, machine learning using tools like R, Python is a plus.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements. The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
#CSEO #CPE #CPF
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.