|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Data and BI team inside of device supplier chain owns the most challenging charter that provides the data platform to support our multi-billion dollar device business.
Our world is about: 1) big data scale, with PB of data flowing from diverse set of sources in supplier chain, and with high volume real-time streaming events and near real-time insights, 2.) building infrastructure and services to extract and present business insights that device business depend on, and 3.) enabling machine learning to help every stage in device supplier chain planning.
We unlock insights from large quantities of data, and then further, from insights into the most optimal actions for businesses of each suppler stage. The work we do literally translates into money saved, and our device supplier chain, from planning, sourcing, manufacturing, delivering and caring, optimized for scale. This is the place where you see most direct benefit of data can deliver to a multi-billion-dollar business.
We use the latest technologies, and our challenge is as tough and as cutting edge as it gets.
As a senior technical leader of the team, you will drive, design & architect, and as needed develop PoCs, critical core components, and distributed, large scale applications. You will make clear, simple, and technically sound design decisions, including evaluating and articulating the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives. You will uphold and champion high standards on fundamental architectural best practices. You will act as a trusted technical advisor and architectural thought leader within the organization.
You will leverage technologies such as Spark, Python, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Data Lake, ADW, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Machine Learning, as well as any emerging and relevant platforms in the industry. You will be responsible for pushing the boundaries of robustness, performance and throughput of our data pipelines and services and working with our team of data scientists and analyst in bringing meaningful insights to our business.
We believe in a culture of “live site first, customer first” and running a successful healthy service is the topmost important aspect of what we do daily.
What makes this job great?
- Exciting charter and plenty of challenges to conquer
- Huge opportunity to work with business partner directly to scale our device business to the next level.
- Industry cutting edge technology
- Startup culture with learning every day
- Friendly team that works on the mission together
- Master’s degree + in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or equivalent
- 10+ years of industry software engineering experience using at least two of the following C#/C++/Java, SQL/data warehouse, Spark/Python, Hive, Scala, Hadoop
- 5+ years of data architecture and big data experience
- 5+ years of experience in designing and building high-scale cloud services
- Excited to work on the intersection of distributed systems, scale/big data and AI
- Sound knowledge of distributed systems, micro-services architectures
- Experience of stream data processing pipelines, ADF, ADL, ADW, HDInsight, Spark and Python/scala, etc
- Strong design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills and collaboration capabilities
- Ability to lead in ambiguous situations, and produce results
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a talented, strong team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.