|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative individual to join a growing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Team as a Finance P&L Manager.
This role will act as a key business partner working with key stakeholders across Commercial Sales & Marketing Teams, Finance, HR and Central Finance Teams. You will be responsible for leading resource planning and analysis, target setting, budgeting, forecasting and P&L management. In addition, this member will work across teams to streamline, centralize, and standardize resource reporting and analytics that brings business insights, drives change, and influences results.
Through these activities, you will build strong relationships with key business leaders and be their go-to expert on driving and executing tactical, financial and strategic execution for the Regulated Industries Sales Business including Federal.
The successful candidate should demonstrate a proven track record in business partnering, P&L management, strong modeling and forecasting skills, strong understanding of data analytics using Power BI, possess a strong desire to learn, ability to positively influence others, successful project and change management skills, succinct story telling skills and executive maturity.
- Support business partners to understand P&L results and proactively provide insights that enable them to manage within budget targets. This includes sharing trends, risk, and opportunities.
- Drive analytical and conceptual thinking with the business that extends beyond the P&L into strategy; helping business partners evaluate investments and evaluate Return on Investment.
- Lead cost budgeting, forecast and outlook processes for the organization. This includes proactively coaching and guiding Business Leads and Partners on operating guidelines and how to incorporate empowerment and investments.
- Promote culture of compliance: partner with Compliance champs to monitor and provide business education.
- Develop and lead Business Partner Training, Onboarding & Education Plan.
- Provide guidance on COGS/OPEX P&L targets, headcount, resource planning and all up review with Commercial Leadership.
- Partner with staffing, recruiting and the business on resource trends including hires, attritions and key resource variables.
- Provide modern insights into resource planning through process improvement, headcount reporting through modern analytics and PCN Management and Scorecard.
- Help partner to drive the organization’s P&L story and have a solid understanding of end to end results and drivers for the organization. This will be deeply influenced by helping create a strong ROB and monthly/quarterly process.
- Promote team culture of support, collaboration, and inclusion and provide coverage for other team members.
- Drives process and systems enhancements through targeted initiatives to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and scalability for the new organization.
- Analyzes and presents complex financial information in simple terms, presenting conclusions and recommendations to senior leaders across the organization.
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis, including: forecasting, planning, reporting, analysis, and developing financial models
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related degrees; CPA and/or MBA or the equivalent in work experience to a MBA is a plus.
- Defining and driving process, system and reporting change
- United States Government (USG) contractor experience is a plus
- Excellent cross functional collaboration skills
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who is proactive versus reactive and action oriented with a strong desire to get things done
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and project management with proven ability to drive projects and analysis to closure
- Curiosity and drive to learn the business and be able to influence decision making across multiple levels
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Superb Excel and Power BI skills and experience with SQL is a plus
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.