|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance.
To achieve this goal, the Cloud Hardware Manufacturing Engineering (CHME) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Manufacturing & Systems Integration Engineer to join the team.
Manufacturing Engineers works with high volume assembly factories, hardware design teams, rack server integrators, and Microsoft data centers to develop and improve manufacturing efficiencies by studying product design, manufacturing methods, and applying LEAN manufacturing principles. Supporting manufacturing needs from prototypes to end of life. Mfg. Eng. may also be responsible for witnessing and executing power, power quality and thermal validation testing.
- Evaluates manufacturing assembly processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves factory efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing control systems, testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering support by providing clear requirements and expectations.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Evaluating printed circuit board assembly and system assembly factories to ensure the correct control systems are in place to produce consistent quality and repeatable results.
- Work with Microsoft's System Integrators to supervise and review (1) Power and Airflow Testing and (2) Power Quality Testing for MSFT cloud server infrastructure. The candidate will be qualifying hardware SKUs and systems to demonstrate how servers will operate under a range of conditions that would be expected throughout their useful life in a Microsoft data center.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Overall maximizing efficiencies and quality in every way.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mfg. Product Engineering or similar Mfg. or product design experience or Equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of industry experience.
- Experience in systems hardware design and integration
- 10+ years’ of experience preferred.
- Experience with NPI- New Product Introduction process
- Knowledge of server cooling design, power consumption, airflow and hands-on experience in power, airflow and power quality measurements.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented individual, must be able to work collaboratively in team environment and across internal divisions and industry (OEM, ODM).
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bill’s of materials and change control
- Able to read mechanical drawings and specifications
- Experience with industry standard benchmarks: SPEC power, IO-Meter, IPC, JEDEC
- Experience with Intel, AMD and ARM architecture
- Creo and Cadence Allegro software knowledge
- Data Center and Cloud Experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.