|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our CEO’s vision of Microsoft is the productivity and platformcompany for the intelligent cloud and intelligent edge world. The Microsoft Corporate Strategy Team is a small, specialized group that advises our CEO and executive leadership team on driving, assessing, and prioritizing the long-term strategic direction and growth for the company across its portfolio of existing and new offerings. The team has built a track record of spotting trends early and subsequently leading change throughout the company. The group broadly focuses on threesets of activities:
- Thought leadership on the future state of the industry (e.g., economics of the cloud) and potential impact to Microsoft’s overall strategy
- Counsel to senior executives on multi-billion dollar decisions (inclusive of “needle moving” growth drivers, large strategic acquisitions and partnerships, portfolio optimization, etc.)
- Internal projects to ensure Microsoft’s processes and operations enable the company to grow and achieve our mission
This role puts you in the middle of one of the world’s largest companies ($130B+ revenue) in the midst of several of the biggest disruptions the technology industry has ever seen. As a member of Microsoft’s Corporate Strategy Team, you will drive formal quantitative and qualitative analytical decision support on high-priority, cross-company strategic issues. Example project areas include: strategic acquisition evaluation, value chain assessment, white space opportunity sizing, business model analysis, new initiative ideation, and competitive analysis and game theory.
- Partner with team leadership on multiple concurrent projects for top leaders of the company
- Create clarity by combining business judgment with technical understanding to structure the problem and provide a data-driven view. Create frameworks and strategic approaches to tackle complex problems.
- Gather research and analyze data to drive diagnostic rigor in developing actionable solutions and making decisions.
- Build consensus and effectively influence mid-level and senior-level stakeholders
- Act as a thought leader on Microsoft’s strategy. Support key strategy projects and leadproject work streams across the Corporate Strategy team.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the entire portfolio of Microsoft businesses in order to propose and analyze strategic decisions impacting multiple divisions.
- Understand and stay current on tech industry trends, competitive landscape and internal product development efforts.
- 1+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, strategic consulting, investment banking, economics, finance, business planning, and/or equivalent experience (e.g., scaling a business, driving change in a large company)
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
- Strong personal initiative and good judgment; desire to succeed in a demanding environment
- Engineering degree or equivalent with a strong academic background
- Passion for technology, with some form of technical or software experience
- Understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
- Comfortable working under demanding deadlines and producing key senior-executive deliverables
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.