|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting-edge cloud technologies? Do you want to be part of the team that creates showcase user experiences that create a lasting impression on the users? Do you have the engineering skills, attention to detail and quality, passion for designing, deploying, and managing systems and services that delight our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast-paced and highly-technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence? Do you take pride in building technologies and processes that measure and ensure the health of online services for large Enterprises?
If so, consider joining the Service Engineering team in the End User Engineering organization of Core Services Engineering and Operations.
To be successful in this role, you must have technical breadth and depth in the Microsoft365 solutions, including the Office365 services. The role will have a focus around engineering solutions that ensure service stability/optimization and supportable/scalable management for the collaboration and communications tools that are a part of Office365, as well as managing the end-point computing devices running on Windows and other Operating Systems. Bring your technical skills in corporate and cloud collaboration, your passion for building scalable and reliable systems, and desire to influence how Enterprise-class services are delivered. Other focus may also include service availability, problem and process management as well as creating automation to support service operations. Key skills and experience include engineering excellence, customer service, project management, enterprise problem solving, and collaborative communications.
The person in this role is responsible for defining, driving and implementing the secure modern solution development environment. In this role you’ll join a virtual team composed of cross product and IT teams. The team will embody an agile approach to plan and adopt solutions from proof-of-concept through full implementation. You'll build and gain insight through business intelligence, user experience studies, and lessons-learned to define the future user experience strategies for the enterprise. We're looking for a self-driven individual who enjoys learning new technologies and can drive future potential of our environment. We are passionate about the intersection of user experience, data and technology and committed to achieving new levels of user satisfaction and productivity. This position will partner closely with Microsoft engineering groups and have a direct impact on features and capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise-scale services and platforms, technical depth in one or more Microsoft365 services, agile development practices, and experience in designing & improving processes and platforms. In addition, this individual would demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
- Engineer, manage, and deliver on multiple, independent projects within proposed budget and timelines.
- Engineer tools and processes to measure and ensure service health and maturity
- Identify and drive service and product improvements that meet the needs of Enterprise customers
- Leverage data and telemetry to make decisions and driving feedback into systems design and implementation
- Partner with other teams to improve products and processes to drive delightful end-user experiences
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders, to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users
- Monitor Live Site of the key business/service metrics in production to ensure a quick response in case issues occur (or preferably before the issues occur) and to ensure the service performs well on the agreed outcomes
- Provide technical subject-matter expertise in one or more areas of the Microsoft 365 and Office365 services to optimize and improve the end-user experience
- Contribute to Showcase materials and customer engagements to drive adoption of Microsoft products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years in implementing and/or managing one or more of the Microsoft365 services (expertise in Exchange, SharePoint / OneDrive for Business particularly desired).
- 3+ years’ experience with enterprise IT service escalation/support management, especially around collaboration & communications systems.
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Preferred, not required:
- Experience in end-user support or advocacy
- Experience in Network services and engineering
- Working, understanding, operating in an Agile/Scrum team
- Experience working in a large, global Enterprise
- Strong interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Ability to engineer large, complex solutions
- Proven ability to design and support services and solutions that delight end-users and enhance their productivity.
- Proficiency with PowerShell development
- Experience with cloud and/or hybrid infrastructures
- Experience creating automation for service operations
- Demonstrated curiosity for new technologies.
- Demonstrated creative and solution-oriented approach to problems
- Ability to think strategically to envision future enterprise technology needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration to deliver impact through influence in a virtual team environment.
- Demonstrated passion for the user experience.
- Seeks out challenges and continuously strives to advance solutions.
- Focuses on quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced services environment.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.