|Job Type:||Full Time|
Did you know that Microsoft delivers more than 200 online services to more than one billion individuals worldwide? Microsoft Azure Hardware and Systems Infrastructure (AHSI) Group is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. Azure Hardware and Systems Infrastructure (AHSI) group delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Microsoft Azure, Skype, Teams and OneDrive.
The Hardware and Strategic Planning (HSP) organization within Azure manages hardware roadmap planning and program management from concept through production for all of Microsoft’s current and future on-line services. Well-defined and executed strategic planning ensures products meet the requirements for performance, features, and time-to-market. The ability to draw insights from a deep understanding of the cloud HW Infrastructure landscape and industry trends is critical in informing the roadmap and planning decisions.
As Director of Competitive Strategy, you will lead a team in driving the competitive analysis function within HSP to guide the organization in making decisions around hardware infrastructure roadmap planning and managing technology intercepts and investments. Join our HSP team and be a part of the world’s fastest growing cloud service!
- Develop competitive intelligence, and a strategy recommendation to influence the HW roadmap decisions.
- Develop processes and models for engagement and data gathering across internal organizations (engineering, business units, customer-facing teams, finance, supply chain planners, etc.) and external avenues (industry analyses, conferences, publications, trade-shows, etc.)
- Build models for drawing actionable insights from the collected intelligence to support roadmap planning and key decision-making processes
- Perform scenario analyses to evaluate Microsoft Azure’s competitiveness considering anticipated changes in the industry, customer, and competitor trends
- Lead the creation of periodic industry roadmap packages with insights and key messages for stakeholder team consumption and executive communication. Measure level of engagement and meaningful use of competitive content throughout the planning cycles.
- Partner with roadmap planners to ensure competitive content is strategically aligned in preparing roadmap recommendations for executive decision-making
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 10+ years in competitive intelligence for a software or cloud-based company. Strong understanding of infrastructure software, security, management, analytics, and developer platforms across private and public cloud.
- 10+ years of experience in the server hardware and technology industry with a strong working knowledge of key technologies such as microprocessors, memory, storage, networking
- Knowledge of cloud datacenter architecture preferred
- Ability to synthesize data into key messages and insights from the point of view of customers / stakeholder teams
- Ability to maintain the big picture, as well as dig deep to connect the dots between business and technical metrics/KPIs
- Ability to work in in a virtual team environment, establishing strong partnerships with stakeholder teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Executive level presentation skills, and capable of articulating recommendations succinctly.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.