Last updated 11 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Do you have a passion for crafting products and insights with data? Do you love the idea of rapidly iterating on new features and finding the ones which move the needle and hit customer engagement out of the ballpark? Would you like to drive real change at the world’s hottest SaaS company?
Atlassian is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our Data Science team based in Mountain View CA. We are looking for someone passionate about data science and its applications to create business value. You enjoy working with cutting edge technology, and you relish the opportunity to make an impact to the way millions of users use our products in their day-to-day work. You are able to work effectively with a variety of other disciplines across the company.
In a data-hungry place like Atlassian experiencing rapid growth, business opportunities from the application of data science abound. Join us for the opportunity to do groundbreaking applied machine learning work that will help shape the Atlassian user experience!
In this role, you'll get to
- Construct and refine AI algorithms to optimize our marketing and on-boarding funnels
- Craft machine learning and predictive models to drive intelligent product features
- Work with our seriously large volume of analytics data
- Define and build out scalable distributed infrastructure to support our vision of optimized real-time personalization across the portfolio of Atlassian products
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Provide technical leadership and influence data-driven optimization efforts.
- Challenge and enrich yourself in an environment of like-minded engineers and data scientists, and most importantly have fun!
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related quantitive field
- 5+ years of related industry experience in a data science or engineering domain
- Development experience in a Python/ Java/ Scala
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Extensive data modeling and data architecture skills
- Knowledge of Spark or other distributed cloud computing systems
- Experience developing, building and scaling machine learning models in business applications using large amounts of data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience working in an enterprise or B2B space, as well as the consumer or B2C space
- Working knowledge of DataBricks environment
- Experience with ML platforms such as MLflow, MLeap, MichelAngelo
- Knowledge of A/B experimentation
This team is being built within the broader Analytics group and tasked to pursue business opportunities that can generate revenue or MAU improvements. The team works multi-functionally across the organization, using insights generated by marketing and product analytics that can be scaled or automated to generate business value. The team will be highly nimble, with a focus on velocity between ideation and initial output, and laser-focused on business impact.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.