|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
The Surface development team is seeking a talented software development engineer with a strong systems background. Job responsibilities will encompass designing and coding software at multiple levels including drivers, tools and firmware across various technologies in Surface devices within the Surface team as well as with partners. You will collaborate with peers in other development disciplines, quality and program management to deliver high quality products to market.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in software or hardware development related fields
- Excellent C# and/or C/C++ design and coding skills
- Excellent scripting design and coding skills
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
- Ability to debug well to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems including subsystems that are black boxes is a plus
- Experience using GIT is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.