|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Cloud Engineer for online support, you will drive the support relationship for customers, closely monitor and respond to customer questions, representing Microsoft and M365 Engineering in these interactions. You will also be the voice of the customer and have a strong connection into M365 service teams, to identify recurring issues and feature requests to drive product improvements. Additionally, you will help drive support improvements throughout our partner ecosystem by providing ongoing training, guidance and support to those teams. If you are passionate about Cloud Services, a quick learner, enjoy helping customers and teaching others, we want you!
- Be responsible for the customer’s support experience with M365 working closely with engineering
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on at least one core workload (SharePoint, InTune, Exchange, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams) in order to assist a broad set of customers and our partners.
- Support M365 customers via a multiple of modalities in a 24x7x365 global support delivery team.
- Ability to go technically deep across M365 services and actively seek solutions to customer needs and communicate trends to leadership.
- Improve internal efficiency and customer happiness by finding opportunities to optimize existing processes and tools.
- Work closely with our support partners on an ongoing basis to increase their technical skills and knowledge
Build a close working relationship with other engineering teams related to assigned service areas (ie, Messaging, Collaboration, Device Management, Admin), to leverage in case of escalations, as well as to drive product improvements.
- At least 2 years of experience working with customers on M365 or equivalent products, application development and deployment
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Information Technology, Computer Science Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Proven history of customer-obsession, including blog posts, how-to videos, etc. with a passion for teaching others
- Effective customer-facing communication and presentation skills
- Effective at identifying and driving continuous improvement across systems (people, process, tools)
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
- Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies strongly preferred. Can include MSCE in Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Core Infrastructure, Mobility or Productivity
- Understanding of and ability to migrate from various third-party platforms to Microsoft 365
o Lotus Notes
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.