|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building highly available, scalable, and responsive services? Do you want to build web scale services using the latest cloud technologies? Do you want to be part of a team that follows top Agile and DevOps practices?
Microsoft's Business Application Group is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, driven, energetic Software Development Engineer who can take on the design, architecture, and implementation of high-scale distributed systems and transform key services that power Microsoft's business. As a Software Development Engineer in the team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative solutions.
Our culture emphasizes continuous improvement, customer focus, and engineering excellence in a collaborative environment. We are looking for outstanding engineers to join our team and make our world-class cloud infrastructure even better.
- Design and develop cloud-scale distributed software services and solutions in a highly collaborative environment
- Identify, investigate, and solve hard customer problems and continuously improve service stability
- Demonstrate strong focus on high availability and scalability, robustness, and supportability
- 3+ years of experience with developing and supporting large scale distributed services
- 2+ years of experience with C#, SQL, and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong design, coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Solid foundation in both software and systems engineering
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting, investigating, and fixing production issues in large-scale cloud and/or hosted environments
- Experience with building infrastructure using Microsoft Azure technologies, e.g. Service Fabric, App Service, Docker
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Excited to work on the intersection of distributed systems, high scale API/ data infrastructure
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Self-driven independent owner with continuous-improvement mindset
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.