|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to work on the cutting edge of distributed systems and high scale storage? Azure Storage is a foundational part of Azure and by extension many Microsoft services. We’re entrusted with storing exabytes of data for everything from Azure Virtual Machines and customer BLOBs to SQL Azure and OneDrive, and doing so while providing industry leading availability and durability for that data.
If you’d like to work on some of the largest storage systems on the planet, solving the hard problems that come with high scale, rapid growth and continued innovations, this might be the role for you.
A successful candidate would be joining a talented, highly collaborative team, with responsibility for engineering the lowest most fundamental layers of both the Azure and Cosmos storage services. The role brings exposure to cutting edge storage/memory/distributed system technologies, with broad opportunity to influence both the business and the industry.
The successful candidate will have strong design, coding, and problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development with C/C++.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, or at least 3+ years’ experience involving strong problem solving and design skills developing features in the OS or distributed systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience with distributed systems and/or storage/file-systems preferred.
- Good communication/collaboration skills and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Experience in building and operating services at scale.
- Strong technical design, problem solving and debugging skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.