|Job Type:||Full Time|
What if your job description were simply - “Make tomorrow better”?
That’s the essence of roles within our Microsoft Ads team. Every day, we bring our insatiable curiosity and customer obsession to the table, challenging ourselves and each other, to make tomorrow better for the millions of businesses we empower around the globe. As one of Microsoft’s growth businesses, key monetization pillars, and Customer Solution Areas (CSA), we contribute over $10B annual revenue. Our business has had consistent YoY double digit growth, until the entire advertising industry became one of the earliest to see the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. As history shows, advertising is also going to be among the first to recover, and there will likely be long-lasting effects on how businesses operate. We are already in a highly competitive industry, and these additional macro effects introduce more exciting and urgent challenges to empower these businesses through their recovery, and win in our battle to accelerate growth in our share of wallet and revenue.
Are you ready for that challenge?
On the Microsoft Ads Multi-Account, Billing & Sales Platform (MBS), we build high scale services for our customers, as well as our Field teams across Sales, Support and Marketing that service these customers. Businesses depend on us to onboard to Microsoft Ads, manage their funding for ads and secure their access to this high-value business application. We empower sellers and partners like agencies and channel partners, to acquire and nurture their portfolio of clients, proactively offering value that grows this portfolio in ways that meets the client goals and grows our business.
You will shape these products every day, as the CEO for your product area. You will walk in our customers’ shoes – building on engagements with them, you will understand how they are using our product today and what they need from our product tomorrow. You will deeply understand the industry we’re serving, the business we’re in and our competition. You will define the next set of customer problems to solve and business opportunities to tap into. We need product managers who can keep the big picture in focus, while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. You will partner with, and inspire, our development team to deliver significant value to our customers and business. Besides working with these technical peers, you will also work well with non-engineering disciplines such as our UX Research/Design/Content, Sales, Support, Marketing, Business Development, Operations, Compliance, Legal and Finance partners - you will leverage and collaborate with them to keep a close pulse on our customers, define best-in-class experiences, evangelize our vision and roadmap externally, take changes to market and then measure the impact they had on our customers and business.
In this specific position, you will take on the challenge of growing our SMB and direct business, where we have the largest gaps and toughest problems, given the macro economic factors of the pandemic. You will build deep business and client intelligence to power personalized experiences throughout the lifecycle of our clients, as well as the selling motions our business uses to service them. You will build products that answer questions like, “How do we empower businesses to get proactive value from Microsoft Ads through effective solutions that meet their marketing aspirations, making the most of capabilities through early stages (pilot) to maturity?”, “How do we empower businesses to maintain their health, while growing?”, “How do we guide time-constrained clients and sellers to the next best action?”.
So, if you are eager to bring your passion and hunger to work every day so that you can empower our customers, and you’re…
- excited to help Microsoft win fans and advocates in the race of search and online advertising,
- excited about having your results contribute to billions of dollars in revenue,
- excited about designing and developing truly scalable and high-performance services that run in the cloud…
…what are you waiting for? Reach out and let’s talk!
You are a great candidate if you check off the following boxes
- 9+ years of experience in Program or Product Management and proven track record in ideation through release of multiple successful user facing experiences
- 2+ years of experience managing and growing people
- Customer focus, i.e. understand customer needs and competitive landscape, to achieve the best outcomes for the customer
- Thought leadership, along with crafting and communicating vision and strategy
- Independently anticipate and identify complex problems
- Ability to influence product and process transformation across organizational boundaries
- Critical thinking & creative problem solving, i.e. not take things at face value and provide thoughtful solutions
- Open-mindedness, i.e. growth mindset vs. fixed mindset
- Excellent product sense
- Diverse and inclusive strong cross-team collaboration, i.e. not operating in silos, active listening and inviting diverse perspectives, focusing on shared success
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with strong technical abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Data-driven decision making, i.e. understanding the data and using it thoughtfully
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Evangelize and generate excitement around work
- Experience with AI/ML
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or Bachelor’s Degree equivalent in Business Administration
- Passion and skills related to designing UX and data visualizations
- Experience in software development in an online/web services environment
- Experience working with customers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.