|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cyber-attacks threaten and often succeed in negatively impacting people in all walks of life. As technology becomes more pervasive and more essential to everything we do, the opportunity for attacks and scams grows as well. Do you have a passion for providing peace of mind to our customers through easy to use cyber security solutions?
We are the Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance team - a collaborative, fun team with a startup mindset within the Microsoft Experiences and Devices organization. We are building exciting end-user facing cyber security applications & services for Consumers, and Information Workers through intuitive and easy-to-use experiences. Our cloud services leverage Big Data and employ the latest advancements in AI and ML for cyber security. Key product lines built by our team include world’s leading Anti-Virus, the Microsoft Defender Antivirus (AV), and Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) solutions. Our products and services are foundational drivers for Microsoft 365, and are a major growth opportunity for Microsoft.
Making our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day! Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our diversity of background and experience enables us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers, while having a blast building it! In addition, we are passionate about learning on the job. Our culture is collaborative, passionate and customer focused. We love the cultural change that is happening at Microsoft, and we bring our growth mindset to work every day.
As a Principal Software Engineer (Cloud) in our team, your areas of focus will be within an end to end team to architect, build, deploy and manage cloud services that will help end users stay and feel safe from cyber threats. Users must be able to control and access this information from Web Browser, Desktop, and Mobile applications. The services that you architect and build must be durable across multiple releases, optimized and meet all the expectations of highly scalable, available and reliable cloud services. You will work closely with Program Managers and other Security Engineering disciplines to deliver core features in the Microsoft security portal, as well as back end functionality that leads to them. You will fill a vital role in the fight against malware and see the results of your work contributing to protection of millions of customers.
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer working on industrial strength software and a proven track record of having shipped commercially successful software products & services
- 8+ years in data structures, algorithms, highly concurrent programming, analysis of algorithm complexity
- 4+ years of experience driving and managing technical and architectural dependencies
- 4+ years of experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly loosely coupled architectures and micro-services, dev-ops model
- 2+ years of experience designing end user applications that are built using modern web-based, full stack technologies, React framework, Progressive Web Apps
- 2+ years of experience in roles managing software engineering teams
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, Security researchers, and Data Scientists
- Demonstrated leadership competencies such as creating clarity in an ambiguous environment, generating energy and delivering success
- Design cloud APIs that can drive user experiences on Web, Desktop and Mobile applications
- Familiar with Secure Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, project tracking, and lifecycle management systems
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS.
- Practical experience with building Cyber Security products and applied AI is a definite plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.