|Location:||Santa Monica, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Initiative is an early stage first-party game development studio located in Santa Monica and part of Microsoft’s XBOX Game Studios Our studio is about craft, creating story, innovating, and looking ahead to the next big thing.
At the Initiative, we are looking for collaborative problem solvers who want to dive into something new and create groundbreaking experiences for our players. Join us for this once in a career opportunity to help build the studio, define our culture, and create an environment to attract world-class talent.
The Initiative has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Producer to support the development team and external partners. You have extensive expertise in project management, creative development, and team management to inspire and mentor others to do their best work. Qualified applicants need to be highly organized with strong communication skills to successfully manage creative teams and ensure the timely delivery of high quality content. We're looking for a passionate, versatile, and driven producer, who enjoys collaborating with others to create game experiences. As an experienced Senior Producer, you will work directly with internal and external teams, plus other key stakeholders across disciplines, to deliver the following:
- Partner with project stakeholders to direct teams through the all stages of game development
- Build and maintain strong creative relationships with development team and partners
- Create and maintain production schedules; leverage tools and production methodology to ensure deliverables are highest quality, on time, and on budget
- Drive team awareness of deliverables through all phases of development and report status
- Facilitate collaborative and effective communication across the team
- Identify risks and drive the team towards successful resolution
- Leverage external production knowledge to explore opportunities with new partners
- Contribute to recruiting, evangelizing, and community engagement on behalf of the studio as needed
- Position may require domestic and international travel
- Actively contribute to growth of new start up studio: lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- Demonstrated experience as a Lead Producer or Senior Producer in a game development environment
- 8+ years of experience as a Producer in Game development, including experience with engineering and cross-functional teams
- Extensive, demonstrated experience running teams using both Microsoft Office Suite as well as project management software such as Jira/Shotgun/Hansoft
- Experience creating processes and driving results with internal and external teams
- Strong organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Diverse knowledge in all aspects of production methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaboratively solve problems to achieve production plans
- Mentors others on the impact of good production skills and game development practices
- Skilled across all phases of game development and experienced delivering content with external partners
- Leadership and Management experience
- Development and production experience on AAA game
- Computer Science or engineering experience
- Leading, motivating, and driving development teams to success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; providing clear and concise feedback to partners and internal team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.